Pumpkin Cheesecake Meal Replacement!

Options
bbus31
bbus31 Posts: 6
Hi everyone!
With the seemingly fall-like weather up here in Canada, I've been itching for the leaves to change and bring on the new school year (I'm a teacher!). That being said, one of my favourite parts of fall is the fact that everywhere you look there is some new type of pumpkin flavoured goodness out there to try! So to scratch the itch of excitement for fall, I decided to make a new meal replacement, and it was so good, I had to share!!

Pumpkin Cheesecake Meal Replacement
Ingredients:
*1 can of pumpkin (ED Smith, the big can is what works in this recipe)
*1/2 of light cream cheese (I used Philadelphia, because that was what was on hand)
*2-3 TBsp of pumpkin pie spice (If you can't find this at your local bulk food store, essentially it's 2 parts cinnamon, to 1 part ground ginger and 1 part nutmeg)
*2 TBsp of cinnamon (I know there is cinnamon in pumpkin pie spice, but I cannot resist putting more in!)
*1 TBsp of Vanilla
*12 Boost High Protein Shakes in Very Vanilla flavour (You can use whatever vanilla meal replacement or protein mix you prefer!)
*Ice to texture preference (I used 4 cubes per shake)

Instructions for Pumpkin Cubes
1) In a medium saucepan, melt the light cream cheese over medium heat along with the vanilla.
2) Once the cream cheese is melted, turn off the heat and add the pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, and cinnamon.
3) Combine ingredients, and make sure it is stirred completely to ensure ingredients are properly distributed.
4) Spoon mixture into clean and empty ice cube trays (I used 2 ice cube trays).
5) Free ice cube trays overnight.
6) In the morning, release pumpkin mixture "cubes" and package them in freezer bags to use at your own convenience.

Instructions for Meal Replacement
1) Take two pumpkin cubes, one Boost High Protein Shake and 3 Regular ice cubes.
2) Combine in blender and blend until smooth.
3) ENJOY!

Meal Replacement Breakdown
Makes 12 Servings
Per Serving:
289 Calories
7.3g of Fat (2.0 from Saturated fat, rest is unsaturated!)
16.7 mg Cholesterol
251.7mg Sodium
530.6mg Potassium
39.5g Total Carbs:
-0.8g Dietary Fibre
-25.3g Sugar
16.5g Protein
77.7% Vitamin A
103.3% Vitamin C
36.3% Calcium
26.7% Iron

Now there are a ton of different ways that you could alter this recipe to best suite your needs (high fiber? Add fiber supplement or flax seeds, etc!), you could even add some cold coffee to make it like a Starbucks pumpkin spiced latte! I'm sitting here drinking my shake right now, and it's so good, I just had to share!

Enjoy :)

Replies

• bruerin
    bruerin Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    The pumpking cubes are a great idea! I'm going to be trying this to add into my vanilla shake. Thanks.