Oh dear - put on 14 pounds in two weeks on holiday!

Options
I make no excuses - we were in an all inclusive hotel and I ate and drank as I pleased and wasn't particularly active compared to at home.
Still, that's a 3000 odd calorie surplus per day - scary!
Back to work on my weight now and I can shift it again, but just wanted to let out a generalised screech. It took weeks to shift that stone and days to put it back. Aaarghh!

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Laughs, you can screech, but it probably isn't as bad as you think. Most likely half of that is water retention so give it a couple of days.
  • Savlona
    Savlona Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    lol, to be fair I have spent a lot more time in the bathroom today than usual, so here's hoping...:)
  • riotatme23
    riotatme23 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Breathe! It's probably just water and waste lol

Check the scale again tomorrow, and the day after.
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Yeah, sounds like mostly water from booze and salty food, but maybe next time have a plan so you don't have to experience the pain when you get back?
  • keefmac
    keefmac Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I put a kilo on in a week and bloody enjoyed it!. It'll come back off..
  • Bj0223
    Bj0223 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I came back from a one week vacation a couple weeks ago. I gained 5 # that week and this week BAM back to pre vacation weight :) . I would bet part of yours is water too. I would think as long as you get back on track now you will be fine.
  • Savlona
    Savlona Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I put a kilo on in a week and bloody enjoyed it!. It'll come back off..

Yes, got to admit I had a great time, and it's not like I'll be doing it again till at least next year ;)
  • suemcmurry
    suemcmurry Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Fingers crossed it's mostly water!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Laughs, you can screech, but it probably isn't as bad as you think. Most likely half of that is water retention so give it a couple of days.

I would say more than half...water weight plus more waste than normal in the system. suffice it to say, if you're eating more...even if it's maintenance you're going to have more inherent waste in your system than when you're eating less and waste has mass.

water weight can also be surprisingly significant as many people discover when they go to maintenance...it's not unusual for someone to go into maintenance (and I'm suggesting the OP probably was eating close to maintenance for the duration of the holiday) will put on a good 5 Lbs of just water and glycogen which is one of the reasons many people cut about 5 Lbs below their true goal weight.

Add to that, "airplane water weight"...yes it's a real thing...you retain a ton of water when you fly.

My guess is that it will all be gone with in a matter of days.