itching for a new tat

Options
It has been 8 months or so since my last tattoo. I'm getting that itch again, but I'm not ready for the bigger ones I have planned. What are the best we sites for tattoo ideas? I'm not wanting to copy, but to find some good inspiration.

Replies

• drsdc63
    drsdc63 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I don't know of any but as an admirer I cant wait to see what people post.
  • soxobsessed
    soxobsessed Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I love Pinterest for tattoo ideas
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    in. been mulling the idea of getting one for a little bit now. need some inspiration
  • NotRailMeat
    NotRailMeat Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Your best bet is to work directly with your tattoo artist. Talk with them about what you want and have them design something. A good tattooist doesn't just copy things from the "Flash" book, but rather is an artist in their own right. If you both like what they design it's a win-win situation because you get the tattoo YOU want, and they take pride in applying THEIR art.

I have a few that I have done this way, all from the same artist, and I love them all. Talking to him now about a large chest piece, but not sure if I am ready for the long multi-sessions that it would involve.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I'm wanting to get a small one on my foot right above my pinkie toe, that way I can cover it or show it off if I want.
  • Canwehugnow
    Canwehugnow Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I've itching as well.
    Def "bumping" this for later.
    :)
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I'm all about letting the tattoo artist design a custom piece (unless you are an artist yourself). Get ideas of what you'd like - I look at actual art, not tattoos for inspiration (I simply find it easier to get more ideas this way). Bring in some various ideas and let him/her do their thing.
  • spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I've been wanting another one too, but I'm trying to save money and a tattoo just isn't in my budget anymore. Tumblr and Pinterest are good sites.
  • NastyNinja
    NastyNinja Posts: 120
    Options
    I just a two tats a few months ago of my kids' feetprint at brith with their names underneath. I am definitely looking to go half sleeve to half sleeve across my back. I am think hitting my goal weight will be a good time to do that. What do people have? I am looking for some unique ideas. So far I have 5. I just like to hear what others have. Let me know!
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    I am tattoo free form the time my Mama dropped me on my head to now.. nearly 50 years later... BUT I am thinking... I just might add a Latin phrase in an odd font...
  • Ump78
    Ump78 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I'm wanting to get a small one on my foot right above my pinkie toe, that way I can cover it or show it off if I want.
    a camel?
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    i take the opposite approach, i don't want a tattoo and then find something. i find/design something i want that makes me want a tattoo.
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    a camel?

200.gif
  • NotRailMeat
    NotRailMeat Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    i take the opposite approach, i don't want a tattoo and then find something. i find/design something i want that makes me want a tattoo.
    QFT
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    I have not had that 'urge' lately. Especially if it itches for eight months! Think you might want to see a doctor or does it healo and then keep coming back?
  • Ump78
    Ump78 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I'm going to half-sleeve my right arm. Some tribal design. Some personally drawn. But mostly, I'm gonna give the artist and idea and let him run with it.
  • sculli123
    sculli123 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Going to get one of mine altered soon. By altered I mean cover up the part that has my ex's name on it. lol Probably going to have them brighten up some of the colors on the shamrock too.
  • Laurenloveswaffles
    Laurenloveswaffles Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    QFT
    Double QFT. No one likes a copycat tattoo.
  • GrnEyez88
    GrnEyez88 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    yeah I need to add to the 13 I already have.....sooooo addicting!
  • 365andstillalive
    365andstillalive Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    QFT
    Double QFT. No one likes a copycat tattoo.

Triple QFT. I was pissed when I found out that a guy I used to work with copied my wrist tattoo.

Best place for me for grabbing tattoo inspiration is probably tumblr (just search the tags); otherwise, look at shops in your local/surrounding area and find an artist you like. A lot of them have work they love that they are dying to put on someone.