How many grams of fat for eating disorder recovery?

Options
2»

Replies

• YF92
    YF92 Posts: 2,893 Member
    Options
    You need a doctor's appointment grams for that

I'm sorry for sounding harsh but I really hate seeing someone get some broscience advice when it comes to their health. It's been done too much and its not worth it. Go see your doctor, if you have more concerns ask him but I wouldn't ask here because one post might just convince you of the wrong thing to do.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    need to get the concept that i dont have diabetes my body will raise the levels when they get low no matter how bad it feels. of course the anxiety part of me says.. its going to drop so low im gonna faint or have a siezure.. IF i eat the wrong food combination.. sugar. but i crave sugar all the time, maybe its lack of causing my lows lol. wouldnt that be somethin.

I'm confused by this part. If you eat sugar, it causes your blood sugar to DROP? Can you explain the mechanics? Or are you talking about the "sugar crash" you get if you eat the wrong types of sugar?

I was told its from being calorie deficient and that its NOT reactive hypoglycemia, but i feel that it is indeed that because i will start with a blood sugar of 80, eat my 1/2 cup of ice cream add peanut butter in it to soften the blow lol rise to 97-104 at 1 hour after and drop to 72 at 2 hours after. im not sure what exactly is happening, but doc reassured me it wasnt any type of diabetes and that those numbers are still within normal range that below 60 is true hypoglycemia. and dietitian used the term "starvation hypoglycemia" but i FEEL hypoglycemia at 70's-60's but i also have a lower blood pressure and know those symptoms can mimic low bs. so without checking my bp while its happening im not exactly sure. i can be at a 85-90 blood sugar and feel these weak in legs/faint symptoms

Are you sure that isn't from panic?
  • love8383
    love8383 Posts: 169
    Options
    sounds like your eating all the right things, i would increase your cals by a couple of hundred thou. I think a big part of eating disorders is over analyzing what you eat, how much and calories ect, since your in recovery you should probably try to not over think all the specifics too much, just try to eat more of what you enjoy eating.
  • tamlinhorne
    Options
    I really liked this response.