House work

Options
Anahita_Swims
Anahita_Swims Posts: 4,127 Member
The only way to get it done it to turn up tunes really loud and bounce about like an tool to get it done

where as i have a friend that just does any chore as soon as she notices it needs doing.

how to you motivate yourself to keep orderly on top of any other activities?

Replies

• BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    i use household chores to procrastinate more daunting tasks, like studying
  • Anahita_Swims
    Anahita_Swims Posts: 4,127 Member
    Options

I hear you i can decided to reorganise the office before i settle down to do some work some times :D
  • Star0775
    Options
    I have my daily chores but then I see things and do them as I see them..... WAAAAAAAY to ADD to concentrate on one at a time!
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    The only way to get it done it to turn up tunes really loud and bounce about like an tool to get it done

where as i have a friend that just does any chore as soon as she notices it needs doing.

Tune in to an episode of "hoarders" on TV.
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options

This tactic has actually been named by a Stanford Professor--"structured procrastination". You can google it.
  • mandi_444
    mandi_444 Posts: 156
    Options
    I just pretend to be bad at it so my wife does all of it.

Typical

;)
  • blytheandbonnie
    blytheandbonnie Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options

Tune in to an episode of "hoarders" on TV.
    This is good advice. You can expend minimal effort and you still feel like your house looks pretty darn clean.
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    I :heart: housework. Seriously.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    my mom will ask me if i have cleaned the house in the past month

and I will be like "yes mom its totally clean"

then I will go clean my cave and listen to music really loudly
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options

^ I'm that person. Sometimes I even do them before they need doing. Craziness, I tell you.
  • 365andstillalive
    365andstillalive Posts: 663 Member
    Options

I finished university in April; I've been wondering why my apartment doesn't look as clean....

I throw on tunes and sing and dance it out while I clean stuff. It actually helps to de-stress me sometimes.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    I dont deep clean as often as I should.
    But I swiffer and sweep between sets. And ill be doing that tonight.
    And probably switching laundry over between sets too.
  • cosmiqrust
    cosmiqrust Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    i inherited a sort of coping mechanism from my dad. whenever i'm feeling stressed or angry, the first thing i do is start cleaning Absolutely Everything i can lay my hands on. our family has a long history of hoarding so we kind of try as much as possible to avoid letting trash and things pile up, plus it's a great channel for those negative emotions as long as you resist the urge to throw the breakables. anyway, after living with an absolute pig of a roommate for four months i gladly do the dishes and put stuff where it belongs. when you're surrounded by an impossible mess for that long... blech. never again. :sick: