Feeling disgusting over Chinese food!

Options
2»

Replies

• ChristinaCCRN
    ChristinaCCRN Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I appreciate everyone's feedback and concern for my mental health. But I did not ask for a psych consult. Truth is, I do not feel guilty about eating it, at all. Just woke up feeling like crap.
  • WickedPineapple
    WickedPineapple Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    I would be super mad if my roommate ate my leftover Chinese food. You got his/her permission first, I hope?

Also, having Chinese food (high sodium) and then nothing but coffee (diuretic) the next day was a recipe for stomach problems. Drink water and get something else in your stomach!
  • Steve_Rance
    Options
    As it's Friday night and I've been good for a couple of weeks I've just had a few sweet and sour chicken balls and half an egg foo yung as a treat.

Hope I don't feel rough from it tmrw 'cos I'm really looking forward to chowing down on the rest of it to celebrate it being Saturday!

No idea on the calorific value so it's going in the diary as 2000 and screw the consequences :laugh:
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    I appreciate everyone's feedback and concern for my mental health. But I did not ask for a psych consult. Truth is, I do not feel guilty about eating it, at all. Just woke up feeling like crap.

Maybe you're pregnant
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    MSG in the house!!!!!
  • Archerychickge
    Archerychickge Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    It is probly the sodium but depending on what you ate, it might also be the fat content as well, I would eat something light and fairly bland if you're hungry, like some toast with a little honey, and drink plenty of water to help flush out the chinese food.
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    I just had chinese, I'm gonna second the water. I also have to remember that I've got a 3 hour drive coming up too. I gotta remember where all the bathroom stops are Ha ha ha:bigsmile:

One day at a time. Today is not the last day of the world (or so we think anyways) tomorrow is a new day.

If today was the last day of the world, I'd definitely have some Egg Foo Young, chicken wings, Peking dumplings, fried rice, etc. and wash it all down with a Mai Tai Then I'd find an ice cream place.

I have a terrible weakness for "junky" Chinese food, but eat it only once or twice a year. That or a plate of fried clams would be my "last meal."
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    All I had today was a cup of coffee... And I feel on the edge of hurling. How can I make this feeling go away??
    Seek professional help would be my thoughts because your reaction shows some really disordered thinking regarding food

Good luck

Well that was really uncalled for. So every time someone feels sick and not like eating they need professional help??
    Looks like you're the one who has the disordered thinking :wink:

It would be my guess that they meant the fact you've only had a cup of coffee today. Sure, you may be planning to eat some healthy food later on today but that kind of makes it sound like you are starving yourself.

I also agree with those who say drink some water and move around, you'll feel better. I still love Chinese food but I eat maybe 2 bites of rice or noodles and just fill up on chicken (preferably non-breaded), shrimp, or beef, and the veggies. Yum.
  • tabicatinthehat
    tabicatinthehat Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    All I had today was a cup of coffee... And I feel on the edge of hurling. How can I make this feeling go away??
    Seek professional help would be my thoughts because your reaction shows some really disordered thinking regarding food

Good luck

2aflo1v.gif