Ready To Take Control

Hello everyone.

I started using MyFitnessPal two weeks ago and have since lost 5 and maybe more - weigh in is Sunday.

I've always been a big guy and lost a good amount of weight years ago. But, I got lazy with healthy habits and now back to where I started.

It's time for me to take control. I have a lot going for me - good job, beautiful girlfriend and a great family. I really couldn't ask for anything more. BUT it's time for me to get healthy so I can enjoy all of that for years to come.

Two weeks of eating good and doing some sort of activity almost every day and I feel good.

I'm here looking for support and make some new friends. Also here to support others. We can do this!

Cheers
Brian

Replies

• AlchemistBrew
    AlchemistBrew Posts: 9 Member
    PS - Apparently I need to learn to take better selfies.
  • Alannamaria30
    Alannamaria30 Posts: 3 Member
    Hi Brian!

I am at the same place you are. I've been struggling with my weight my entire life, and after losing a ton of weight, I've gained it all back and then some.

It's interesting you mentioned how happy you are with your girlfriend- I relate to it because I am so incredibly happy with my boyfriend that neither of us have that fire under our butts to get healthy! We're too happy and in love to be motivated!

With that said, I am extremely excited to begin my weight-loss, re-set my weight set point, and really work hard with my personal trainer.

If you need an online friend for support, feel free to add me!

Cheers,
    Alanna
  • AlchemistBrew
    AlchemistBrew Posts: 9 Member
    Hi Alanna:

Thanks for the add!

Do you like having a personal trainer? I'm holding off on that for now since I'd like to get a good chunk off doing my own thing. However, it will become a time I need a trainer involved. Part of me thinks to get one sooner than later - so we will see.

It's great to have a support system, especially at home.

I look forward to getting to know you better and helping each other along.

Cheers,
    Brian