Exercise ideas?

Buttsmom
Buttsmom Posts: 351 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
I need some ideas for exercises I can do at home, that don't require my feet. I have been doing the EA Active Sports 2 on the Wii, and apparently I have over done the running and such and now my ankles are sore!!! Sore to the point, it kept me awake last night and sometimes it even hurts just to walk around the house. I haven't done the EA Active in 2 days, but still have been averaging 15,000 steps on my pedometer every day. I can't just give up, so I need ideas I can do without making my ankles worse or just saying the heck with the pain and doing it anyway.

Replies

• Are you able to do squats, push-ups things like that? I'd say do a bodyweight workout or I'd say do some lifting. If you have weights around the house, not light ones then I'd look up a beginner workout that involves squats/deadlifts/presses but I wouldn't suggest doing so until you learn the basics of each lift. Look at New Rules of Lifting for Women or Starting Strength. When first starting out start out with no weights until you learn the proper mechanics.

• I googled "seated cardio" to get that - there are other sites as well.
  • Buttsmom
    Thanks for the ideas, I'll check them out.
  • One more thing don't be afraid to lift heavy when and if you start. Women are always afraid they'll get big and bulky when they lift heavy weights that's a myth. It won't happen. It's hard enough for men to get big it's nearly impossible for women. It will just give you some strength, drop inches off your body and sculpt your body nicely.
  • MeekMeals
    MeekMeals Posts: 517 Member
    One more thing don't be afraid to lift heavy when and if you start. Women are always afraid they'll get big and bulky when they lift heavy weights that's a myth. It won't happen. It's hard enough for men to get big it's nearly impossible for women. It will just give you some strength, drop inches off your body and sculpt your body nicely.

That is so TRUE! I am a witness to that! As soon as i started lifting the inches fell off. and last week i started lifting heavier and dropped more inches. LIFT!!!!! LIFT!!!!! LIFT!!!!!!
  • Buttsmom
    One more thing don't be afraid to lift heavy when and if you start. Women are always afraid they'll get big and bulky when they lift heavy weights that's a myth. It won't happen. It's hard enough for men to get big it's nearly impossible for women. It will just give you some strength, drop inches off your body and sculpt your body nicely.

That is so TRUE! I am a witness to that! As soon as i started lifting the inches fell off. and last week i started lifting heavier and dropped more inches. LIFT!!!!! LIFT!!!!! LIFT!!!!!!

That's great!! I wish I could, but I don't have any weights and they aren't in the budget right now either.
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    I know this is the last thing you want to hear, especially when you're trying to lose weight.... but maybe you should take a day or two off and give yourself a break.. Your body may need some time to recover. If it doesn't clear up in a few days, I would go and see your doctor, you may have sprained something.

Shannon
  • Caffeinewitch
    Caffeinewitch Posts: 110 Member
    Pilates! Some short video are core/butt centric that allow you to lay down and stay off your feet while working up one heck of a sweat.
This discussion has been closed.