I need a new workout video!

sngnyrslp
sngnyrslp Posts: 315 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi! I'm going to get back to exercising now that my semester is ending and I have a five week break. I don't have a gym membership, though, so my best bet is some type of workout dvd that I can do wherever I am (I move around a lot during breaks from school). Over the summer, I did 30 Day Shred and it was great. Now, I'm considering doing Jillian Michaels No More Trouble Zones, but I'm a little wary because the workout is an hour long. Part of what made 30 day shred so easy to stick to was the fact that it was only 20 minutes a day.
Does anyone know of a good workout dvd that doesn't require equipment past some hand weights and is a short but great workout? Or, can anyone who's done No More Trouble Zones tell me what they think?
Thanks!

Replies

• i recomend the turbo jam dvds they range in times from 20 mins-50 mins and they are amazing !!but thats just my take on it :o)
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    10 Minute Trainer can be stacked in segments to fit the amount of time you have available to you.
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    if you have netflix they have a selection that may be helpful.
  • Hotbottom
    Hotbottom Posts: 168 Member
    I just got Hip Hop abs and thats HEAPS of fun!! Shaun T is sooo funny.
    I love Turbo Jam, I really like the trainer too...
    Brazilian Booty ( the guy drives me nuts and lots of the exercises are boring. – you could say it's a pain int he *kitten*)
    Hip hop abs and Turbo is a lot more fun and time passes quickly, you sweat and don't need equipment.

I love workout DVds now.... I don't think I would ever go to a gym again....
  • txmomma0889
    txmomma0889 Posts: 179 Member
    Like one person said Hiphop abs is fun ranging from 20-50 mins... also someone mention a 10 minute one... one you can get at walmart thats the same is 10 minute solution i use their dance ones on my light days when i only wanna do 10 minutes or a little more
  • bree1609
    bree1609 Posts: 136
    i recomend the turbo jam dvds they range in times from 20 mins-50 mins and they are amazing !!but thats just my take on it :o)

I love these workouts, too! I'd also recommend Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred (they're 20 minute workouts but give a great burn!). Most of my workouts have been my at-home DVDs, and all of my success has come from them. I did start going to a Zumba class once a week, and I love the burn of that plus all the women to socialize with, but I just bought Zumba for my XBox 306 Kinnect, so I'll be doing more of that at home as well :-)

P.S. I'm a full-time student, too. DVDs are great for my schedule!
This discussion has been closed.