Rest day or work out before weigh in?

Options
mhlew
mhlew Posts: 377 Member
I missed my gym day on Wednesday but was going to make it up tonight, however Saturday mornings are my official weigh in days and I find that I usually don't lose weight (or possibly weigh a pound more) the day after I work out. I do not want to get discouraged either. I know I usually show my weight loss a day after my rest day

Should I ..

A) take an extra rest day and stay on schedule with my weigh in days,

B) Work out tonight and just record whatever my weight is tomorrow even though it's possible the number might be the same as last weeks

C) work out and move my weigh in day to Sunday or Monday?

Replies

• smarieallen85
    smarieallen85 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Oh just work out! Who kerrs. Weigh yourself again the next day or the day after that.
  • mhlew
    Options
    Lol I have always been an over thinker!!!
  • smarieallen85
    smarieallen85 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I know! I can see it on the boards. I kind of am too actually. But exercise kinda helps with that because it takes my mind off of the world. To me, if I feel like exercising and my body is up for it-I do it!
  • mhlew
    Options
    Great I'm famous on here for already being a worry wart lol
  • TiberiusClaudis
    TiberiusClaudis Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    You aren't the only one that goes thru this kind of internal struggle.

Thurs are when I go in to have my BF measured and weigh in by my Personal Trainer. Obviously I know that morning whether I'll get a high 5 or a hand slap scolding. I noticed if I work out beforehand, I'm pumped and if I retrain from drinking all day, my BF% looks better.

Yes I know its a stupid game. But it's one of those little games we play in this fitness world:tongue:
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Lol I have always been an over thinker!!!

hey! stay in your own lane!!!
  • mhlew
    Options
    Just got home from the gym. Will see what I weigh tomorrow otherwise may have to push my weigh day to Sunday or Monday
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    what difference does it make if you see a consistent drop?
  • ttcbelieve
    ttcbelieve Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Weigh....Don't push it...Drink a lot of water tonight...that helps

Goodluck
  • mhlew
    Options
    what difference does it make if you see a consistent drop?

Confidence, success, closer to goal. The mind is powerful.
  • mhlew
    Options
    I weighed in and dropped 2 lbs from last Saturdays weigh in.
  • brandnewsnickerpuss
    brandnewsnickerpuss Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I weighed in and dropped 2 lbs from last Saturdays weigh in.

Congrats! :)
  • stephe1987
    stephe1987 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I would just weigh in first thing in the morning on the same day of the week, even if you had a "bad" week where you ate too much or missed an exercise day. The best way to track results is consistency.

If your loss doesn't show up one week (and you're sure you were at a deficit), chances are you'll have a big loss the next week.

I also wouldn't worry too much about missing an exercise day because some people can stress their bodies into holding onto water weight by overexercising. That's why it's important to have one or two "rest days" each week. (I don't know what your workout schedule is like, but I just thought I'd put that information out there for new people who might come across this thread and be tempted to overexercise because they want faster results.)
  • cjames010
    cjames010 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Ha ha! I always ALWAYS weigh less the day after my "official" weigh in day.
    Whatever.
    I have thought about changing my weigh in day, though.