Not eating enough message

Options
It all of sudden started giving me a message that I am likely not eating enough and wont calculate my projected weight loss. What happened and how can I change that? I am on a ketogenic diet and not hungry. I have been eating the same amount for over 9 weeks.

Replies

• Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    MFP doesn't support very low calorie diets (VLCDs). You are probably eating a very low calorie total each day. Eat more.
  • Aero1dynamic
    Aero1dynamic Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Not sure why it won't calculate for you. I get the message every day and ignore it, but it still calcs my estimated weight loss.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Clearly your eating a vlcd. For most ( I don't know your stats) 1200 and under, is not enough food.
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    I've never had it not show me stats but I've only been below 1200 net a couple times when I'd gotten a ton of exercise and didn't quite make it. LOL
  • raven277a
    Options
    My problem is low carbs and I have to limit my protein intake due to having only one kidney. Cant seem to get my calories up. but why would it change all of a sudden and not calculate? it was up until yesterday and then today when I looked back on days it had that message?
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    I just got spanked by mfp...
  • raven277a
    Options
    My doctor says my 800 calorie diet would be fine to get the weight loss I need to try and reverse my diabetes. Some days im only at 700 or 600. It took me time to be satisfied with this low calorie diet. I was eating probably more than 3500.
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    I ignore it. MFP doesn't support going under 1200 so if your under even by 1 calorie your going to get that. I quit completing my diary cause I don't care what it says who thinks I'm wrong. WTF ever.
  • raven277a
    Options
    I have not seen this message before and I have been on this for 9 weeks at same general calorie intake. It just showed tonight
  • raven277a
    Options
    I feel ok. Not alot of energy but have lost 31 pounds in just about 9 weeks or so. I took a bit to get use to it. Wish I could have more protein. I have not had enough energy to work out but plan on starting in september.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    Get a new doctor. Wtf. Why are you eating so little? You have 30 lbs to lose, right? According to your ticker?

That warning is there because of people who do the diets you do which are dangerous unless under medical supervision and typically only for morbidly obese patients. If you get sick or malnourished mfp isn't held responsible for reckless behavior
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    I feel ok. Not alot of energy but have lost 31 pounds in just about 9 weeks or so. I took a bit to get use to it. Wish I could have more protein. I have not had enough energy to work out but plan on starting in september.

Not surprising. Even at sedentary I would be gnawing my arm off at 1200 calories, let alone 600
  • raven277a
    Options
    My doctor looks at mfp logs. her suggestion was to gradually increase carbs. my only thing is that it will bump me out of ketosis. I could stand to lose 50 more pounds I was reserved with the weight I chose initially. So I was extremely over weight and need to try and get off diabetes meds.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I have not seen this message before and I have been on this for 9 weeks at same general calorie intake. It just showed tonight

I've never heard of this message. Might not have ever known anyone who did this.

can you paste verbatim what it says?
  • raven277a
    Options
    Ketosis makes me not hungry most of the time and it takes little to fill me at this point. I know I cant stay on this restrictive for a long time. I will be going away in october and planning on increasing intake just before I go.
  • raven277a
    Options
    Based on your total calories consumed today, you are likely not eating enough

For safe weight loss, the National Institutes of Health recommends no less than 1000-1200 calories for women and 1200-1500 calories for men.

Even during weight loss, it's important to meet your body's basic nutrient and energy needs. Over time, not eating enough can lead to nutrient deficiencies, unpleasant side effects & other serious health problems.

To safely meet your goals:
    Focus on consuming nutrient-rich foods and beverages
    Check your progress in MyFitnessPal throughout the day
    Add nutritious snacks between meals as needed
  • Debbjones
    Debbjones Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I posted the same topic this morning... see "No more weight projections... an enhancement?" Bottom line is your weight projections still appear if you log in from an iPad. Looks like they might have made the first pass changes to desk top users... now I have to log in twice just to see my projected weight...

Seriously... this change is NOT an ENHANCEMENT to my world. I need my projected weight to know that I need to eat... Not a good change MPF!
  • raven277a
    Options
    my goal is simply reversing my diabetes. I am for from an eating disorder. I went for so many years dieting and working out and not losing. I don't cheat on my diets either. This doctor was the first to figure out my issue was diabetes and I was probably for many years insulin resistant. As soon as she explained what was going on was when I researched the ketogenic diet and it has worked. I had surgery and everything that never worked. I do love food so much and miss my pasta and pizza. I needed to have a boost to keep me motivated. Funny thing is that I dont feel I look like I lost 31 pounds.....it was mostly in my belly that was lost....ketosis helped that.
This discussion has been closed.