Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Post Concussion/Concussive Syndrome

Have any of you ever had or have PCS? If so, please add me so I can send you a message and discuss! Or just post here about it if you want.

How long have you or did you have it? And what did you do to get rid of the symptoms,especially headaches? Did you have mood swings?

Please help, thank you!

Replies

• msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    I had multiple concussions in a row when I was 17. That seems like eons ago and they didn't call it Post Concussion Syndrome but I do remember mood swings. Ridiculous swings where I couldn't control it but knew what I was doing/saying wasn't rational. My vision was affected by the 2nd concussion I still wear glasses. My perscription hasn't changed at all in 13 years (took 'em almost a year to give me glasses they were hoping it would right itself). I've always had headaches (before the concussions) but they did get significantly worse for a while I don't remember how long I just remember it sucking really bad. I can't recall what we did to ease them...

I still get migraines occassionally I'm sure they're not related as I got them before but since I've changed my diet (a year ago) I've only had one migraine vs monthly or more. When I get one to ease the symptoms I use a rice sock, a dark room and drugs. You can make a rice sock get a clean tube sock fill it with rice, (you can use feed corn or buckwheat if you prefer) and sew the end up. You can microwave it and it fits nicely around the back of your neck. It makes a huge difference. I'll lay in a dark room, flat on my back with the rice sock under my neck and no pillow and I know it sounds crazy but I'll take antihistamines & ibuprofen. The antihistamines dialate blood vessles and that helps reduce the headache tremendously. I can't say that's a great idea with head trauma but you can do the rice sock and the dark room.

Hope that's helpful.
  • Both of my boys have. This year my 16 year old from football. 2 weeks of headaches after a major concus. Prescription strength ibuprofen and no activity. Finally resided but was TERRIBLE for him.
  • Long term effects from multiple concus. can be irritabiltiy, anger issues.