suspension trainer to enhance Yayog-any tips

Options
I'm looking at ordering an inexpensive suspension trainer to help with some of the Yayog exercises. For instance, I think it would help with let me ins. Does anyone have any ideas or links to other exercises that a suspension trainer would make easier without beating up my house. I have yet to actually start yayog, but have the app and will get at it after next week when I get back from a work trip.

Replies

• upsaluki
    upsaluki Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Bump.

I haven't been able to find any specifics on this through googling or the Yayog group on MFP. Anyone have any info or experience using the suspension straps for yayog? If so, which exercises does it work best for? Thanks.
  • rick_po
    rick_po Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I don't think they go together very well into a single workout.

Maybe just alternate the YAYOG workout with a simple full body suspension trainer workout, which is nice for variety.
  • upsaluki
    upsaluki Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Thanks rick-po. I thought about buying the suspension straps to make some of the yayog exercises like let me ins and let me ups easier on my house and office, but I think I found a way around that. I'll give it a go next week and see what happens.
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    Give the yayog plan a run for awhile and then decide if you want to add additional gear later.

I think YAYOG is great at improvising resistance exercises. That said, some of the exercises are very awkward.
    Pull ups on a door? I think a doorway pull up bar (about $30) is a better choice. Let me ins and let me ups are basically BW rows. A suspension trainer works well for BW rows, much better than using a door or under a table.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Wot e sed!

I sometimes use TRX etc for rows (one hand and two hands).