CAN THIS BE REAL????????????

Options
I just weighed myself(I am addicted to the scale)...........I started this way of life and this site a week and 3 days ago.......I dont know how.........but I lost 7 POUNDS...........for me that is a miracle.......and really that is the only thing keeping me going today......because yesterday I said if I dont start seeing some change I am going to give up............:happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

Replies

• BUTTERFLI715
    BUTTERFLI715 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I just weighed myself(I am addicted to the scale)...........I started this way of life and this site a week and 3 days ago.......I dont know how.........but I lost 7 POUNDS...........for me that is a miracle.......and really that is the only thing keeping me going today......because yesterday I said if I dont start seeing some change I am going to give up............:happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • DETERMINED2Drop
    DETERMINED2Drop Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    It's totally possible to drop a lot to start with, but don't get sad or discouraged when the scale only shows 1-2 pounds a week because it will even out. Congrats and keep up the fantastic work, you can do this! :smile:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Most people on here lose a lot the first week or 2, I think it's because its such a major change for your body, plus you're flushing out all of the bad stuff, like sodium, which makes your body retain water like mad. The losses will slow down but for now enjoy the 7 lbs :flowerforyou:
  • thalli1
    thalli1 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    It is true that most people drop pretty easily the first week or so, but that's still a pretty big drop in such a short time, especially since you only had 20 lbs. to lose in the first place. If you had 100 lbs. to lose and lost seven the first week I wouldn't be too worried. If it continues after this first week I'd start worrying. You might check your settings, and make sure you are eating enough and eating your exercise calories. You don't want to kick your body into starvation mode. It will backfire in the long run. Just be sure to read the posts for newbies here and do this the healthy way. In the meantime, enjoy the results!:flowerforyou: