Christmas Morning 5K Run/Walk

Options
13»

Replies

• taletreader
    taletreader Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Well, I wasn't really planning this, and I'm hardly a runner, but I went out to Richmond Park -- a very large nature reserve & royal park here in South London, about 5 min from my home. I did about 6 km, house door back to house door. I wasn't sure how much I would run but took my C25K podcasts, which I started *last week*, nonetheless. Well, the trail was covered in ice and goes up and down a lot! I could have used cleats. Still, I ran 3 of the segments of week 1 (walked the rest) and then the entire week 2, plus the first running segment of week 3. All in all 70 min so you can see I was majorly slow, indeed, GPS says I hardly ran any faster than I walked. But it's a spectacular place and I felt great afterwards.

This, btw, was the first time in 25 years or so I went running outdoors (and the first ever time I did so willingly).
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    I did a 5k around my neighborhood today. I did my 5 min warm up and was able to run the rest of the time. Now I need to work on my time.

Thanks for this post/challenge Bella!

Have a Very Merry Christmas!
  • lillmssy
    Options
    Bella.......went for my run this afternoon after all the morning activities were over. Thanks for the invite :)
    I jumped on the bike for 5 min. to warm up and then I was off and running. Ran it in 33:11. That last mile just kills me
    but I have shaved a min. off my time this last week. YEA!!!! I didn't stop and walk at all. Complete.....not compete......
  • SkierElle
    Options
    My 5K run was successful... but it turned into a 10K!!! haha!! i got new running shoes and was having a ball. then I got lost. 70 minutes later I got back!! haha!
  • itsbella
    itsbella Posts: 1,101
    Options
    Well, I wasn't really planning this, and I'm hardly a runner, but I went out to Richmond Park -- a very large nature reserve & royal park here in South London, about 5 min from my home. I did about 6 km, house door back to house door. I wasn't sure how much I would run but took my C25K podcasts, which I started *last week*, nonetheless. Well, the trail was covered in ice and goes up and down a lot! I could have used cleats. Still, I ran 3 of the segments of week 1 (walked the rest) and then the entire week 2, plus the first running segment of week 3. All in all 70 min so you can see I was majorly slow, indeed, GPS says I hardly ran any faster than I walked. But it's a spectacular place and I felt great afterwards.

This, btw, was the first time in 25 years or so I went running outdoors (and the first ever time I did so willingly).

Awesome job! You must have felt awesome!
  • itsbella
    itsbella Posts: 1,101
    Options
    Join me on my next run this weekend! New Year's run!