Medical Marijuana and the Munchies

Options
Those of you who are prescribed medical marijuana for your illnesses, have you come across different strains that do not cause extra munchies?

The only one I've personally come across is Trainwreck which is a Sativa strain, at least it doesn't cause extra munchies for me.

Some other strains make me double fist food into my mouth which can sometimes throw off my calorie count.

Replies

• sixtyinchesoffury
    sixtyinchesoffury Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    no but Sativa in general are less sedative so I find that using those at least keep me moving instead of lying around. I stay busy, chew gum, sip something. good luck!

:smokin:
  • Stella_Mayfair
    Stella_Mayfair Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    never had medical stuff, just stuff on the street. I stay away from it due o the munchies. And well I am a total slow mess on it. I am like that episode of Rosanne where they smoke it. I get hunger, crazy, paranoia, than more hunger, I cry how I want my life back. lol. But last few times I did it, I didn't wanna eat at all. But I had horrid migraines. So that is why I used it. It helped the pain, but not for long and to keep getting baked was no fun. Plus the migraines always end in me puking. They give me Tylenol #3s for them but they are useless.

Honestly I think the munchies are mind over matter. Or b4 u take ur meds, set out a bunch of healthy within calorie range snacks.

Also i forget that I wanna eat when I am on it, I try to have a chip, like 10 times, and get distracted.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Doctors have drugs to help increase your appetite. I never took them, but they seem to help some people.

If the drugs give you the munchies and you think you're eating too much, ask the doctor about it. Usually, that's part of the reason people like the pot - it helps them gain.

I hope you feel better soon!