Tortilla Soup

AggieCass09
AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
edited September 22 in Recipes
My husband wants this tortilla soup casserole tonight for dinner since (apparently) I've been focusing too much on my food preferences rather than his lately. Anyways, the recipe calls for a tortilla soup as a base to the other ingredients and I am having trouble finding at least a low sodium soup, but preferably one that is vegetarian friendly as well. Does anyone have any good tortilla soups that they recommend?

If I cant find a good already made soup, I may just make tortilla soup but since I still have one more final tomorrow this idea isn't the most favorable.

Thanks!

Replies

• nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 9,964 Member
    Try cookinglight.com...I think I got my recipe there
  • JodiS75
    JodiS75 Posts: 284
    We like the Bear Creek soup mixes. Don't know if they do tortilla soup, but I do know they're tasty and the last one I had was also less calories than I'd expected!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 9,964 Member
    We like the Bear Creek soup mixes. Don't know if they do tortilla soup, but I do know they're tasty and the last one I had was also less calories than I'd expected!

packaged soups are usually high in sodium...so, if that's a concern, I would steer away from them
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Thanks for the input, I'll go on a nutrition label excursion after work today!
This discussion has been closed.