Hi My Name Is Mary!

mapinkerton
mapinkerton Posts: 147
edited September 22 in Introduce Yourself
I started using myfitnesspal last Wednesday. I am 55 years old. I am already taking high doses of BP meds and now the doctor says I am diabetic. He wanted to put me in meds and I asked for 90 days and a diet.

I have become a measuring, weighing, calculating fool - LOL! I am also using my treadmill 6 days a week. I lost 4 lbs. in the first 3 days of my diet. I hope to lose 20 lbs. (or more) by the time I go back to the doctor in 90 days.

This is a great site and it is really helping me to become aware of how much and what I put in my mouth!

Mary

Replies

• patio1313
    patio1313 Posts: 169 Member
    Great news that you found this place...I was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes and High Blood Pressure back in August and have lost 40+ pounds since and my numbers are ALOT better. Feel free to drop a line if you ever need any encouragement or tips or anything
  • MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    Hello and welcome to MFP! Congratulations on your decision to get fit. You sound very determined, and that's great! You'll find everyone on this site to be very positive, encouraging and motivating. Feel free to friend request me if you'd like. :)

Also, if you're on Facebook, please feel free to check out the group I created over there, called Motivation. Many positive, encouraging people and helpful posts over that way, too! http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=268180696780&ref=ts

Best wishes on your fitness journey!

~ Chandra
  • pkd1
    pkd1 Posts: 170 Member
    Hi Mary welcome to MFP,!!!
  • shellydd
    shellydd Posts: 156 Member
    stick with it mary. this site is great. i would of not lasted a week without it. even on days you do poorly, consumption or exercise, wise.....log it all. it's a wake up call. i log it all and it's a big wake up call for me. i think before i consume and also i'm slowly learning the rewards of exercise. good luck
  • profjan6
    profjan6 Posts: 333
    Hi Mary!
    I am about the same age, with the same diagnosis from the doc. I worked very hard to get the numbers down, and I am on medication. HOWEVER....I was told that if I lose a little more weight we can try to get rid of the meds. That is a goal for me! It is such a lifestyle change, right?? Feel free to contact me and we can swap stories!
  • tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member

Also, if you're on Facebook, please feel free to check out the group I created over there, called Motivation. Many positive, encouraging people and helpful posts over that way, too! http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=268180696780&ref=ts

~ Chandra

Looks interesting, Chandra - I just joined. Thanks! And welcome, Mary! I'm sure you will be very happy with this site! :flowerforyou:
  • kimmiebear70
    kimmiebear70 Posts: 384 Member
    Welcome! You can do it!
  • HRgoldenlife
    HRgoldenlife Posts: 53 Member
    way to go
  • MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member

~ Chandra

Looks interesting, Chandra - I just joined. Thanks! And welcome, Mary! I'm sure you will be very happy with this site! :flowerforyou:

Thank you for joining!! :)
  • ccrawshaw
    ccrawshaw Posts: 166 Member
    So glad to have you! Friend me if you'd like. This is an outstanding place to find support and motivation, not to mention knowledge and ideas. Welcome!!
This discussion has been closed.