I gained 3 #'s over the weekend, and I DON'T CARE!!

SJSchwartz
SJSchwartz Posts: 131
edited September 22 in Motivation and Support
My hubby and I found some babysitters and went away for a 4 day weekend. It was the first time in about a year, and it was SO FUN! We went out to eat multiple times, seen a movie, got our Christmas shopping done, went swimming, RELAXED. It was a blast! And WELL worth gaining the 3 pounds! Life is meant to be LIVED! Now the weekend is over, it's time to get back on track. No problem. :) Have a good week MFPeeps!

Replies

• Purplegal32
    Purplegal32 Posts: 85 Member
    What a great attitude! :)
  • I totally agree with you! Glad you had a good time!
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    It is probably just sodium causing that. You would have to eaten 10500 extra calories on top of maintenance for an actual 3. So great attitude and letting it roll off.

That sounds like a fun weekend.
  • Love It! That is my attitude. As long as you get back on track right away I think it is okay to let loose once in awhile! Keep up the good work and enjoy life!
  • You're so right about life being meant to be lived. Glad you had such a great weekend.

Drink lots of water today and tomorrow and you'll be surprised how much of that 3 lbs was water weight from sodium.

:flowerforyou:
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    My hubby and I found some babysitters and went away for a 4 day weekend. It was the first time in about a year, and it was SO FUN! We went out to eat multiple times, seen a movie, got our Christmas shopping done, went swimming, RELAXED. It was a blast! And WELL worth gaining the 3 pounds! Life is meant to be LIVED! Now the weekend is over, it's time to get back on track. No problem. :) Have a good week MFPeeps!

Unless you managed to eat 14,000 more calories (3500x4) than your normal day's calories then all you gained was some water weight. Glad you had fun!

(edit: PS: I should've read the rest. I just repeated what everyone else said)
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Great attitude, all that matters is you and hubby enjoyed yourself, and you are back on track.......
  • BlueEyedMomma88
    BlueEyedMomma88 Posts: 558 Member
    U have a great attitude towards life.. Great job hun!!
  • Thanks everyone! :) And I do hope it's just the sodium, but even if it's not, it won't take me that long to lose the 3 pounds again. And yes, this long-weekend-away thing only happens about once a year, so I'm back on track again.
This discussion has been closed.