salad dressings

Options
Hi everyone! I always bring salads to work with me for lunches and I picked up my salad dressing thinking that it was a good one, its All Seasons Light Raspberry Vinagrette. But its loaded with sugars. I'm wondering what everyone's favorite low-cal dressings are? I'm not into making them myself so I'd like suggestions that I can buy at any grocerey store!
Thanks for your help! Have a happy Monday!

Replies

• hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I always bring salads to work with me for lunches and I picked up my salad dressing thinking that it was a good one, its All Seasons Light Raspberry Vinagrette. But its loaded with sugars. I'm wondering what everyone's favorite low-cal dressings are? I'm not into making them myself so I'd like suggestions that I can buy at any grocerey store!
    Thanks for your help! Have a happy Monday!

I'm with you on this one. I'm curious too.
  • angiemcgovern
    angiemcgovern Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I haven't checked the sugars but I love Litehouse Dressings. They are in the produce section and very yummy. The balsamic vinaigrette is my favorite.
  • ashley0616
    ashley0616 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Make your own. Lemon juice and olive oil (seasoned with whatever you want: salt and pepper, a little garlic, even a squeeze of honey) whisked together makes a fast, yummy, good for you salad dressing.
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    You canfind good dressings but you really have to READ the Labels. Or make your own with EVOO and vinigar ect . Google it you should be able to find something
  • mfreeman00
    Options
    My two favorites are Kraft Light Raspberry Vinaigrette and Newman's Own Light Honey Mustard. I've never paid too much attention to the sugars, I suppose; both have 5g per serving. But both are really flavorful and fairly low in calories for bottled dressings. Good luck!
  • ccrawshaw
    ccrawshaw Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I like fat free honey dijon. I'm not sure about the sugars, but there is no fat and only 50 calories per serving.
  • msemejuru
    Options
    Wishbone salad spritzers don't pack alot of flavor but are only 2 calories and no sugars a spray. I use half a serving of Kraft light ranch dressing then finish the salad with spritzers.
  • rockieschick
    rockieschick Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I like to make my own. Probably not as flavorful as one you'd buy at the store but I find its not bad, I actually really like it. Sometimes I used Basalmic vinegar, Lemon, olive oil, all kinds of spices...whatever I feel like that day.
  • dmmsquared
    Options
    Personally I like just Balsamic Vinegar on my salad... no EVOO or anything else. To me it tastes great, but the hubby doesn't like it. He's not really much of a vinegar person anyway. My favorite is Kirkland Signature from Costco. In one tablespoon there is only 10 calories, 0 fat, 0 cholesterol, 0 sodium and 2g sugar, and you don't need much to add a bunch of flavor.
  • nsueflorence
    nsueflorence Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I had a salad at work today just grilled chicken brest, leafy greens, and an apple. Then I just grabed a pack of hot sause and on it and shook it up. It was really good. It also boosted the water intake at lunch!
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,427 Member
    Options
    I actually gave up salad dressings. I didn't love the tastes of low fat dressing enough to balance out the calories. It was weird at first. I used this chickpea salad I found at the grocery store for a while but the chickpeas were giving me some digestive issues-if you know what I mean. Now, I just throw about a 1/4 cup of blackberries, 1/4 cup raspberries and 1/4 cup of blueberries in my salad greens with some feta, low sodium ham and mushrooms and it's really good. I don't miss the dressing and this way I get some servings of fruit in too. You can use any type of fruit you like and it changes the flavors and adds some "wetness" to the salad.
  • lLauraAnnl
    lLauraAnnl Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I was having an issue finding good salad dressings once I started paying attention to sugars also. I have personally landed with Kraft Light Zesty Italian. It's made with EVOO versus high fructose corn syrup and has 2 grams of sugar per 2 tablespoons. its delicious though. I've gotten my mom hooked on it now too.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I throw a scoop of small curd fat free cottage cheese on my salad as a dressing, and toss in what ever spices I feel like. It gives the illusion of a creamy dressing, and sticks to the vegies instead of running to the bottom of the salad bowl. Adds protein too.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Marzetti light berry balsamic is very good, 45 calories for 2 tablespoons and 6 grams of carbs I think. Its in the produce section, like where the Marie's dressings would be.