Reached Goal Weight But...

Options
124»

Replies

• ronnie786
    ronnie786 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Well, if you do think that you are too skinny what I suggest is to really get into your weight training. Start eating at a small caloric surplus to go along with basic weight training, do compound exercises too. I think that will help you get your figure back without putting on too much fat. Your body composition is what you need to focus on now, not getting skinnier, but increasing your weight slightly if you must, but building the right kind of weight.

I have incorporated compound exercises but from all the info looks like I will benefit more from lifting weights..

Why do you troll

:huh: how am I trolling?
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Are these other people fat? Something I have noticed, which is really pathetic, is that almost everyone in the developed world is obese now. And. because they are all obese, society is starting to judge normal weight people as "anorexic" and now fat is considered normal and healthy. If these people are not thin, you should take their words with a grain of salt. Also, it could be jealousy. Don't let them mess up your goals, and as long as your BMI is above 18.5, don't gain any weight back.
    This is bull, bad advice, and a whole lot of assumptions.
    U
    How could a post prefaced with a question, with the poster stating it's based on their own experience, and with a specific BMI number listed be full of "a whole lot of assumptions"?
    Well, shoot, just the assumption that others may be fat and telling her she's Thin because they are jealous. The assumption that people judge normal weight as anorexic.
  • CINDYRN33
    CINDYRN33 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Coming from a nurse, you are too skinny. You missing a period is your bodies way of telling you that something is off balance. Please see a healthcare professional.
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I am 52 years old and 5'6. Got to 112lb. Absolutely happy with that.
    I work full time, have 3 kids (now grown up) and a very active life.
    Recently went on holiday and added 3 unwanted lbs which I am going to get rid of as soon as I can.
    I don't feel the wrong weight, just happy being slim.
    If you're not happy, change something. If you are, stick with it.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    Well, if you do think that you are too skinny what I suggest is to really get into your weight training. Start eating at a small caloric surplus to go along with basic weight training, do compound exercises too. I think that will help you get your figure back without putting on too much fat. Your body composition is what you need to focus on now, not getting skinnier, but increasing your weight slightly if you must, but building the right kind of weight.

I have incorporated compound exercises but from all the info looks like I will benefit more from lifting weights..
    There is all kinds of resistance training that doesn't need to be actually lifting dumbbells and barbells. Body weight, yoga, gymnastics, bands, TRX. Find something you enjoy. Yoga might help you with the mental part as well.

No one is skinny shaming (to those accusing of that). Encouraging others to get or remain below a BMI value considered 'healthy' is or should be against the rules here.

If you're missing periods, your body is underfed and underfat. People can dislike BMI all you want but when the reproductive system shuts off, that should be a clear sign that you've gone too far.
  • michikade
    michikade Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I'm a little more concerned about the people around here immediately defending OP against her family when she started out saying that she wasn't as happy with her figure at this low body weight as she was before and that she stated that she's missed a period. Whether or not she's healthy at this weight (although missing the period is a pretty big indication that even if she feels fine she's not actually healthy) is not the debate here. I'm a little concerned about people cheering on underweight goals, saying that it's amazing and telling OP that others are just jealous. Sounds like thinspiration to me.
  • ronnie786
    ronnie786 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I would just like to clarify that I have NOT missed a period.
  • carolineat111
    carolineat111 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I agree, that's likely much too thin for your height. I'm about 3 inches taller than you and my goal is 145lbs (healthy for my height is 129-174). I find staying towards the middle of the given weight range keeps me looking slim, but still having some meat on my bones and being able to feel like I have a feminine figure versus a preteen boy shape. I would see a DR and see if they can give you some advice. For some people, they can be underweight and healthy, but a DR can give you more/better guidance than any of us can.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Are these other people fat? Something I have noticed, which is really pathetic, is that almost everyone in the developed world is obese now. And. because they are all obese, society is starting to judge normal weight people as "anorexic" and now fat is considered normal and healthy. If these people are not thin, you should take their words with a grain of salt. Also, it could be jealousy. Don't let them mess up your goals, and as long as your BMI is above 18.5, don't gain any weight back.
    This is bull, bad advice, and a whole lot of assumptions.
    U
    How could a post prefaced with a question, with the poster stating it's based on their own experience, and with a specific BMI number listed be full of "a whole lot of assumptions"?
    Well, shoot, just the assumption that others may be fat and telling her she's Thin because they are jealous. The assumption that people judge normal weight as anorexic.

You don't assume that something might be the case. You assume that it is the case. Asking first is the opposite of an assumption. By your standards we could all never share an experience unless we 100% verified for certain that the other person's experience was identical to ours. And more specific to this case , if only 250 lb women have told you that you're too little, mightn't you take that with a grain of salt and at least pause to wonder if any smaller men/women have ever said the same to you? Personally, I just had a similar situation where the conversation wound up turning around to the other person explaining exercise and diet options, and that there isn't a problem with continuing to exercise etc after reaching goal weight. I'm not saying this poster was 100% right, but they raised interesting questions and IMO weren't guilty of any of the things you accused them