Italian Beef

asherid
asherid Posts: 56
edited September 22 in Recipes
I am looking for a healthy Crock Pot Italian Beef recipe. I was looking for the most healthy but tastey recipe and maybe nutrition factor so I can log it in here. Thank you and have a great day!

Replies

• Amber030583
    Amber030583 Posts: 490 Member
    Mine is simple. Take a Chuck Roast place in Crock pot with about a inch of water. Then I get an itallian dressing dry mix. There is one that is in a box with 4 packets I think the brand is good seasonings? I put all four packets in let it cook for 6 hours and then an hour before it is time to eat I place a half a bottle of banana peppers in it then wala! It's done and delish!
  • Mine is simple. Take a Chuck Roast place in Crock pot with about a inch of water. Then I get an itallian dressing dry mix. There is one that is in a box with 4 packets I think the brand is good seasonings? I put all four packets in let it cook for 6 hours and then an hour before it is time to eat I place a half a bottle of banana peppers in it then wala! It's done and delish!

I've made that, too. It's great! I think the recipe I used was for a packet Good Seasons Ital. Dressing mix and a jar, liquid and all, of the pickled pepperoncini. (There are several variations on the internet - take your pick - they're all good). Usually served with Provolone cheese on a hoagie, but I would use a LaTortilla (only 80 cals) whole wheat tortilla instead of the bun.
  • knittygirl52
    knittygirl52 Posts: 432 Member
    That sounds great. And you could make it even healthier by using a round roast instead of chuck.
This discussion has been closed.