1 Day of Going Over Calories A LOT

Options

Replies

• christullos
    Options
    Yesterdays eating is not your only problem. Looking back at your logging for the month of August; you were under your daily calorie goal 10 days and over your calories 13 times.

Without even taking yesterdays totals into consideration you are over 9329 calories in just 22 days. If you take yesterdays calories into account it would be an 18,235 calorie surplus so far for this month.

I don't know how this is working for you.
  • longtimeterp
    longtimeterp Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Yesterdays eating is not your only problem. Looking back at your logging for the month of August; you were under your daily calorie goal 10 days and over your calories 13 times.

Without even taking yesterdays totals into consideration you are over 9329 calories in just 22 days. If you take yesterdays calories into account it would be an 18,235 calorie surplus so far for this month.

I don't know how this is working for you.

Well i intentionally calorie cycle, so i have higher cal days when i weight lift, and lower cal days when i don't. I also don't log exercise, but keep track of my activity with a v800. I've actually managed avg about 3200 cals out and 2150 in every day over the last month, so i am running a 1k a day deficit in the last month and lost about 20lbs. I think there is a little more to meal timing than it gets credit for?
  • longtimeterp
    Options
    That right there is a problem. Weight loss consideration aside. Drinking to that extent and being ok with where you are planning ahead is a serious problem. You may want to agree with me or not but regardless, that's a drinking problem. You will pay for that in the long run.

Actually i don't really consider it a drinking problem, i have no trouble drinking...it's more of a stopping problem with me... :-)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,663 Member
    Options
    If 1 day was the measure of failure, then there wouldn't be such things as parties.:laugh:

Anytime I go to the movies I'll normally eat 2 hot dogs, a nachos, a small popcorn and a box of Milk Duds. And still eat dinner.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • longtimeterp
    Options
    If 1 day was the measure of failure, then there wouldn't be such things as parties.:laugh:

Anytime I go to the movies I'll normally eat 2 hot dogs, a nachos, a small popcorn and a box of Milk Duds. And still eat dinner.

i had to stop going to movies cause i would eat over 2000 cals of candy in less than 2 hours EVERY TIME. i would buy the candy from wal-mart, and the boxes are pretty big, and i would eat until sick, uggghhh movies and candy = bad memories
  • doctorregenerated
    doctorregenerated Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I am a 5'2'' girl and I've done days like that. Lots of them, actually.
    The tortilla chips sent chills down my spine. I'd have a "typical day" for me - about 2500-3000 calories. Then my husband would go to work at night and I'd eat an entire bag of tostitos and creamy spinach dip (1000 + 650) and polish it off with a 6 pack of bud light (660) for a grand total of: 5310. And that's just one of my favorite binge days.
    Of course, I'm recovering from binge eating disorder, so maybe that's why I'm not as shocked.
    Yes, the scale will likely go up from it.
    Decide where you want to go from here. And move on.
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    You know, I really wonder about it since I am a regular overeater/binge eating and never gained as quickly as I might have expected. However, that is definitely a lot of food in one day. If you eat like that or close to that with any regularity, I'd really suggest getting to the bottom of why. What messages are you giving yourself about eating?
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    I wanted to add, it is awesome that you logged this!! Personally, it has been very hard for me to log overeating and I think avoidance of what is really going on is what keeps us stuck.
  • Babarrosa1
    Babarrosa1 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    You consumed nearly 11,000 calories and only managed to get 57 grams of fiber and 183 grams of protein? :/
  • stevee290
    stevee290 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Why light beer? lol

You will be fine just add in some extra cardio this week.
  • longtimeterp
    Options
    Why light beer? lol

You will be fine just add in some extra cardio this week.

i'm actually allergic to the GHT found in most light beers, which is why i drink Miller LITE! And it not only tastes great, but it's less filling too. And it has almost a g of protein in every can. Why would anyone drink anything else?
  • longtimeterp
    Options
    You consumed nearly 11,000 calories and only managed to get 57 grams of fiber and 183 grams of protein? :/

Hey, i am making sure to hit my 1g pro per lb lbm, and thank goodness for avocados, or the fiber would be waaaay less!
  • longtimeterp
    Options
    I wanted to add, it is awesome that you logged this!! Personally, it has been very hard for me to log overeating and I think avoidance of what is really going on is what keeps us stuck.

When i stopped logging (and exercising) for 3 months i put on about 40 lbs, so i know how important logging is, for measurement and for accountability!
  • jeffpettis
    jeffpettis Posts: 865 Member
    Options

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

And that would be considered a "normal" cheat day, not 9000 calories over in one day...
  • SEAFOODMAN
    SEAFOODMAN Posts: 342
    Options
    i'm not buying your story!
  • icrushit
    icrushit Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    One question - why the fat-free cheese for breakfast ? Thats the part that really killed me :laugh:
  • longtimeterp
    Options
    One question - why the fat-free cheese for breakfast ? Thats the part that really killed me :laugh:

cause i generally eat healthier and fat free cheese is what i keep my fridge stocked with, but yes, i hadn't really though about how amusing that is considering the rest of the day...
  • longtimeterp
    Options
    yes, i really am most likely eating all this today...

media?function=fetchFilePublic&id=0323aa06-f1a3-4843-8121-4cde23f00887
  • icrushit
    icrushit Posts: 773 Member
    Options

cause i generally eat healthier and fat free cheese is what i keep my fridge stocked with, but yes, i hadn't really though about how amusing that is considering the rest of the day...

Haha, you've certainly cheered up my day, lol. Funnily enough it reminds me of certain weekends in my hedonistic past, and I wondered why I was gaining weight! :)