Recovery from secondary amenorrhea :)

Options
I just wanted to share something that made me very excited today.

I'm only 20 years old, but I've had terrible body image issues for as long as I can remember. From ages 16-19, I had anorexia nervosa, and only recently began to try to really recover. And today, after 3 years, 8 months without getting a period… I finally got one!! Now I don't have to explain to doctors why the "date of my last menstrual period" was January 2011 ;) Small steps towards reclaiming my life.

Replies

• tiggsnanny
    tiggsnanny Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Wtg :flowerforyou:
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,622 Member
    Options
    Well done.
  • gimpygramma
    gimpygramma Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!:flowerforyou:
  • spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That's great news :)
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear it! WTG!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    minions-celebrate-o.gif

:flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • muzichick
    muzichick Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    :)
  • Lnature71
    Lnature71 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Your getting there. Great news!
  • puffinbrae
    puffinbrae Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    That. Is. Awesome. <hug hug hug> :flowerforyou:
  • Miss_1999
    Miss_1999 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    This is really awesome news! Congrats, and best wishes on your continued recovery! *hugs*
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Very well done, that is great news.
    I used to have severe anorexia when I was a lot younger although I never lost my period for that long.
    I only just got mine back this month, however, after a 7 month hiatus, possibly as a result of too low of a bodyfat %.
    I really wish you luck on a continued recovery and a happy future, free of the chains of ED.
  • katieamy88
    Options
    That's great news hun, a step in the right direction! Having your period is a pain, but it's a sign your body is getting back to being healthy and that's the most important thing.
    It feels weird to say congratulations on getting your period, but congrats anyway! :smile:
  • camilaberdeal
    camilaberdeal Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello! I know this is an old post but I really need to ask you all a question. The thing is that I am recovering from anorexia and I have alredy reached a healthy weight but I haven't had my period back and I don't know why. I use to workout 5 or 6 times/week for about two hours. So I suppose I have gained weight in muscle but not in fat so that's why I still don't have my period. It's that possible and I should change my diet and my workout routine or what should I do???? Please I need help!
  • Duchy82
    Duchy82 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Hello! I know this is an old post but I really need to ask you all a question. The thing is that I am recovering from anorexia and I have alredy reached a healthy weight but I haven't had my period back and I don't know why. I use to workout 5 or 6 times/week for about two hours. So I suppose I have gained weight in muscle but not in fat so that's why I still don't have my period. It's that possible and I should change my diet and my workout routine or what should I do???? Please I need help!

do you know your body fat percentage? Female hormones require a certain amount of fat as they are fat soluble, i don't remeber the exact amount of body fat that is considered to be healthy for a women. Maybe you just need to give it time, hormones are fickle things and slow acting but if it concerns you go and speak to your doctor.

Well done on your recovery though!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!