White hairs...

Options
Francl27
Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
BLEH. So, I'm 36, and I found my first white hair a year ago. I've been plucking them out, but they obviously come back and it's starting to be a bit of a pain... I think I have 6 so far (but I can't see the back of my head, obviously). Their texture is different too, thicker... I hate them.

What should I do? Keep plucking them until it gets out of hand or I end up bald? Dye my hair? If I dye it... what do you recommend? I've never done it before...

I'm too young for this!

Replies

• My_Only_Hope
    My_Only_Hope Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Girl, i started getting some when i was 27 and im 30 now. It freaked me out! I color my hair, I was plucking them out but they kept coming back. I only get like 10 but they seem to grow back everytime i tried to pluck them.
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    Six hairs? Nothing to obsess over yet. Worry about your grey hairs when black hairs start growing on your chin.
  • Sienna555
    Sienna555 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hair dye. Start now, pick a color, stay with it. No one will know where the white ones are ....except your hair dresser. I did it with a black with purple highlight combo that I refresh regularly. Most hair ppl will tell you that white hair will not hold the dye as long, which I found to be true to one degree or another, depending on the brand of color used. If you do something two-toned, the white hair will not show up as badly because it will look as if it was done on purpose.
  • DenDweller
    DenDweller Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    Choose to age gracefully.
  • Francl27
    Options
    Hair dye. Start now, pick a color, stay with it. No one will know where the white ones are ....except your hair dresser. I did it with a black with purple highlight combo that I refresh regularly. Most hair ppl will tell you that white hair will not hold the dye as long, which I found to be true to one degree or another, depending on the brand of color used. If you do something two-toned, the white hair will not show up as badly because it will look as if it was done on purpose.

Yeah. I guess I need to start looking for a hairdresser.
  • _dancefloordevil_
    _dancefloordevil_ Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Rock those Grey hairs ;)
  • 00Allie00
    00Allie00 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I have a few friends who are my age (mid 40's) who have chosen to grey naturally and I have to say, they look amazing. They are totally rocking that look.

I however have chosen to just use a natural henna type dye to colour my hair. Partially to colour the grey, but also because I like changing my hair colour occasionally.

69775866.png[/url]
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Not to be superficial, but only really beautiful women look good keeping the gray. Which you may be, that's up to you.
    I suggest a professional coloring.
  • KidP
    KidP Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Look at it this way: at least you're not bald.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Rock those Grey hairs ;)

That's what I'm doing. I have these cool silver streaks at my temples. :drinker:
    My sister started going grey at 19 years old. I was in my mid-twenties, I think.
  • SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    6 white hairs... LOL

I'm 30, and I've got a nice salt n' pepper silver grey/black look going on.

Just color your hair if you really worry about it, or don't stress about it.
  • 365andstillalive
    365andstillalive Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I'm 22 and I've been dying my hair to cover grey since 18. It's all in the genes. Be happy you have like 6 hairs, I lost the battle (with probably 50 plus all around my crown/part) by 19.
  • ukaryote
    ukaryote Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Not to be superficial, but only really beautiful women look good keeping the gray. Which you may be, that's up to you.
    I suggest a professional coloring.

It is superficial but there is some truth to it, mostly based on other people's perceptions. Here in western MA, a woman not coloring grey hair is something of a status symbol, a bit of a feminist statement. Facial make-up is also less in evidence than in cities.

Neither has made a bit of difference to this guy.

Go with what makes you comfortable.
  • gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Not a big deal. Mime are central around my part line to one side. I'm kinda hoping that they will grow in that one cool grey streak from the part line like in the old classic black and white movies. But they aren't noticeable to others get, so I'm not doing anything about them. I also figure if I keep working on getting and keeping a fantastic bod, no one will notice my hair.
  • BekaBooluvsu
    BekaBooluvsu Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    You're lucky. I got my first at 20. I went blonde when I lost 60# and that's where I have been since :D.
  • Francl27
    Options
    Not a big deal. Mime are central around my part line to one side. I'm kinda hoping that they will grow in that one cool grey streak from the part line like in the old classic black and white movies. But they aren't noticeable to others get, so I'm not doing anything about them. I also figure if I keep working on getting and keeping a fantastic bod, no one will notice my hair.

I'd totally love a white streak Rogue-style :laugh: But it's not happening.

I'm just clueless about where to go to have my hair dyed I guess. How often do you do it to hide the roots too?
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    Yeah give it up. Lol. It's only the beginning.

The only real option is to deal with it or start coloring your hair.
  • icrushit
    icrushit Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Haha, 36 ? I made it to about 26 I think, lol. Just a couple of weeks ago in the barbers, I looked down to glimpse the trimmed hair, and honestly couldn't see much but grey that had come off the sides. I don't see any end in sight either, as it seems a relentless march of the grey - all I can do is hope I end up with a distinguished salt & pepper effect! lol

Curiously any female friends have all noted that when the grey appears, that shall be the time for them to start colouring their hair, lol. I guess us guys get away with things in some ways, as grey can be more acceptable :)
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    Rock those Grey hairs ;)

That's my plan!:drinker: OP, I started getting a few grays a couple years back (I'm 38 now). Like 6 or so at a time in one spot, concentrated at my right temple. I just switched my part so my hair swoops over that side, :laugh: . Soon, though, that won't be enough. I just pray it will be a beautiful silver streak, or it expands to the rest of my head, so I can be awesomely salt and pepper.

So, I say rock it, girl! I've never colored my hair, though, so I've no advice about how to go about that. Seems like covering gray is an all or nothing deal, once you start you've gotta maintain the roots and stuff. Depends on if you're willing to commit to that.