Is it hard to mantain a low weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• Chibukalu908
    Options
    It's a tough lifestyle, I only can be on 2000-2400 calories a day, cause constantly tweaking, everyday it feels like less and less food, and I like to save around 1,300 at the end of day for dinner and dessert. Life is full of restrictions, and even thought your no longer (dieting/weight loss mode), you keep reminding you can't be the person you used to be anymore.

Good luck to you, it can be done, well quite a while at least or maybe forever, as I been maintancing my happy low weight for about 6 months now, tough during the day, but worth it at nightfall.

2000 net calories would be plenty of food for me and especially that I also exercise which means more food:drinker: .I have gotten used at eating at deficient so I could maintain at 2000 net calories
  • Verdenal
    Verdenal Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    It depends on the weight your body naturally moves towards, your age and your activity level. I'm 5'2" and 104. In my 20s and 30s, I was almost always in the 90s. It definitely becomes harder to maintain as one grows older and perhaps has injuries interfering with vigorous activity, but if one commits to a healthy diet with a minimum of empty calories it's doable.

I would consider 2,000-plus calories a lot for a short woman of any age unless she is very active.
  • mangogirl272727
    mangogirl272727 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/set-points-settling-points-and-bodyweight-regulation-part-1.html

Read this article as others have recommended. If 115 is below your natural set weight, then yes it will probably be very difficult to maintain. If it is at or above your natural set point, it shouldn't be especially difficult as long as you are living a healthy balanced lifestyle.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6, I average 118-122 lbs, and maintain around 1900-2100. I do not find it difficult.
  • alereck
    alereck Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Definately agree with the "it depends"

For me I lost 30 pounds and was eating around 1200-1400 at the time of my deficit but since I've lost the weight I've been able to slowly increase my calories to 1800 and have not gained a pound back. Most days I only reach 1800 when I pig out, so yes, I find eating at around 1600 - 1800 plenty.

Good luck