shopping?

mum23
mum23 Posts: 248 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
does shopping count?
went out christmas shopping with the darling man thing.
we were out for 6 hrs!!
for about an hour of it i was carrying 4kg weights!!
would it count?
i have put in 240 mins, 4 hrs, of walking at a slow pace.

Replies

• superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    I would :)
  • spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    I would as well. I put in Chuck E Cheese as exercise Saturday! Keeping up with my not-quite-3-year old in there for 4 hours was a tad....hectic.
  • Delicate
    Delicate Posts: 625 Member
    I would let it count, i walk into town which is about 4000 steps, one day a friend (i just counted with my ipod from the start of the shopping) hit over 11k steps walking about which works out as a number of calories, i didnt feel bad drinking a gingerbread latte !
  • kennedar
    kennedar Posts: 306 Member
    I dont normally, but I did this weekend. We were at the mall for 3 hours and I know that walking one loop of this mall is 2 kms (it was big news when it opened that it was so huge!) I figured because I was not trying things on or anything, and I was mostly walking the entire time that i would count it. I figured that normall I walk our dog for 40 minutes and burn about 300 calories according to my heart rate monitor. I figured for walking at the mall, it was probably a fair bit slower and time was spent looking at things and such, so 300 calories for an hour was probably about right. Times 3, that was 900 calories!
This discussion has been closed.