If Every Day Were Like Today, Youd Weigh...

Options
If Every Day Were Like Today, Youd Weigh... is the last thing that I would see after submitting my total calories for the day.
Now In huge bold print letters I see this;
Based on your total calories consumed today...
What happened to...in 5 wks you should weigh...???
That's what Id like to see!!

Replies

• ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    It's a phrase that is likely to further promote those with eating disorders to continue under-eating. And it won't change how your weight loss progress to not see that.
  • 2BeHappy2
    2BeHappy2 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    What I was saying about that not being there is that I actually liked it :tongue: and as of last night (or 2 nights ago), it was no longer showing up :noway:
    Instead I got the :
    Based on your total calories consumed today...:huh:
  • SingingSingleTracker
    SingingSingleTracker Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    If Every Day Were Like Today, Youd Weigh... is the last thing that I would see after submitting my total calories for the day.
    Now In huge bold print letters I see this;
    Based on your total calories consumed today...
    What happened to...in 5 wks you should weigh...???
    That's what Id like to see!!

I have always ignored it with a snarky retort "Yeah, right!" and rolled my eyes. ;-)
  • dashxox
    dashxox Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I must admit... I love that little overly ambitious message that pops up after you submit your food diary. However, I can definitely see how someone would see the same thing and start depriving themselves of food. Mine is still showing up.
  • 115s
    115s Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    *Pokes username*
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    Mine still says, "If every day were like today...yada yada." Is my MFP broken:laugh: ? The number it gives me is still never true, either. But I use custom settings (TDEE -15%, which doesn't follow MFP's activity levels the same way).
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    MFP changed the program on the desktop version. It is not currently on the app. That message shows up when someone completes their diary with less than 1000 calories for the day. That's why you are getting the message. It's purpose (I think) is to reduce the amount of positive reinforcement for people who are intentionally under eating. OP, your case is a little different because of you shorter stature, I know your caloric needs are different from those who are taller. I know this doesn't help, but that's all I really know about the changes.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    MFP changed the program on the desktop version. It is not currently on the app. That message shows up when someone completes their diary with less than 1000 calories for the day. That's why you are getting the message. It's purpose (I think) is to reduce the amount of positive reinforcement for people who are intentionally under eating. OP, your case is a little different because of you shorter stature, I know your caloric needs are different from those who are taller. I know this doesn't help, but that's all I really know about the changes.

Ahh, so for those eating way under goal, they get the "new" message? Yeah, I don't do that, and my message is the "old" one. Please eat more, if that's the case for those getting the new message.
  • kstar0327
    kstar0327 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    if your female it won't tell u if you haven't consumed at least 1000 calories for the day
  • wuggums47
    wuggums47 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I fail to understand the difference. I like the message though, someone mentioned it encourages people who undereat to do it more, but what about the people who overeat? They might be less inclined to go on a binge again tomorrow if they get scared by that message.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I fail to understand the difference. I like the message though, someone mentioned it encourages people who undereat to do it more, but what about the people who overeat? They might be less inclined to go on a binge again tomorrow if they get scared by that message.

I think the message that if every day you ate like today you would weigh ? (way more than you do now) is enough fear for me to reconsider doing it again the following day. It's a different type of reinforcement.

ETA: For those who are wondering what the new message looks like (yay for the loss of the starvation mode myth!), I completed yesterday with nothing in it to see what the message would say (it is all larger font, and the first sentence is in red):

"Based on your total calories consumed today, you are likely not eating enough

For safe weight loss, the National Institutes of Health recommends no less than 1000-1200 calories for women and 1200-1500 calories for men.

Even during weight loss, it's important to meet your body's basic nutrient and energy needs. Over time, not eating enough can lead to nutrient deficiencies, unpleasant side effects & other serious health problems.

To safely meet your goals:
    •Focus on consuming nutrient-rich foods and beverages
    •Check your progress in MyFitnessPal throughout the day
    •Add nutritious snacks between meals as needed"