Im a Newbie!

Options
Im new to this site, been on here just a couple of days. But i really want to get serious about losing weight and my friend refered me to this website. I seem to like it to far and I LOVE the calories counter, it really helps. It opens your eyes to how bad some of the foods are we are eating! So this is me introducing myself :happy: Any newbie tips on dieting? I'd love to hear them! I NEVER follow through with my New Years Resolutions so I'm just making it my "LIFE" goal to lose atleast 50lbs next year! Starting NOW!

Replies

• redwingluvr
    redwingluvr Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is a great place to be!!! Good luck on your journey!!
  • queencelina
    queencelina Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    hello and welcome :)
  • LadyBarb
    LadyBarb Posts: 116
    Options
    Welcome and add me as a friend if you like... I'm fairly new as well... but there is lot of support here.
  • Nubyia
    Nubyia Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hello and Welcome to MFP! Happy you're here and way to go for starting early!:smile:
  • nataliemra
    Options
    thank you!
  • czican
    Options
    I dont normally reply to these things, but something told me to this time.
    You CAN do this. This has really worked for me. Although initially a lot of work to find the food i eat, once i got the hang of it, it was really great! I love the idea of being able to balance eating with my exercising. I use it on my iphone so it was super convienent. It was a huge eye opener for me too about the fat and calories some foods had in it. I use it to help me make good choices...my husband and I laugh sometimes when i say "ohh, that's too expensive". We know i'm not talking about dollars, but calories. I also use it to plan my day, so if i know i am going out to dinner, i might slightly reduce breakfast and/or lunch or do more exercise to compensate.

I am at my goal weight now and still use it...I want to maintain and not go back, so I have continued now for the last couple of weeks (I guess just to make sure I dont go back to my old ways). I wish you the best !! GOOD LUCK!!
  • nataliemra
    Options
    Well thank you so much! I love to be inspired, and you have done that!!