How cold is too cold?

Options
Just curious at what temp others think it's too cold for outdoor excerise. I'm doing C25K but the past few days the highs have only been in the low 20's and the wind has been blowing. Any input would be helpful. Thanks

Replies

• jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    It's really up to you. I've been running in negative temps with bad wind and I enjoy it. As long as you wear proper clothing, you'll be fine...the real danger is ice, not the cold temps.
  • patio1313
    patio1313 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    It's TOO cold where I live...we are dealing with -25 degrees after wind chill...All depends on how tough you are...Me I am not that tough
  • kaitimae
    kaitimae Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    It depends what kind of gear you have - if you have the Under Armor stuff that keeps you warm, good hats/gloves/layers, etc. you should be fine to exercise outside! I trained for my first half marathon in the winter. Also, once you start excercising, your body will warm up. When you leave the house, you don't want to be warm or comfortable - you want to be a little chilly. Then when you do start warming up, you won't overheat.
  • djnelson1024
    Options
    Well in Minnesota it is cold as heck I have created quite a relationship with wiifit plus to get my exercise in too cold for me but as everyone said if your dressed warm youll be just fine