Newbie Here

Options
MJ5898
MJ5898 Posts: 1,549 Member
Hello. My name is Melissa - MJ to my friends. I stumbled across MFP when searching for nutrition info for the ingredients of a recipe I was making for dinner. When I saw all the wonderful tracking tools available, I decided to join and track my food. I have been tracking with Calorie Count since 11/17 - have lost 11#s during that time - but it seems like there is so much more offered with MFP. I especially love all the wondeful recipes.

I have previously lost quite a bit of weight using Weight Watchers, but because I never learned how to eat other than using "points", I put it back on and more as soon as I stopped the plan. I decided that the healthier approach is to try to eat a balanced diet of low fat, healthy foods and modify my portions and total calories to create a caloric deficit. This seems like it is the best plan to ultimately achieve good health.

That's about it. Hope to get to know some of you around the boards :-)

Replies

• nataliemra
    Options
    Welcome!
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP Melissa!
    I didn't lose much in the first number of months on this site as it took me that long to "find my way". Slowly tweaking my food and cooking preperation habits to be healthier.
    Once I got into the grove of it I was losing about 10 pounds per month. Now that Im closer to my goal that has slowed down somewhat, but Im still going in the right direction at least!

I just LOVE this site, pop on here a number of times each day, and look foward to the community I have here to lift my spirits when needed, or for some advice when someone else needs it. I credit MFP for my results so far, seeing the numbers in black and white automatically steers you in the right direction.
  • IamLaLa
    Options
    Welcome! :-)
  • dreamm
    dreamm Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    MFP works for me, hope it does for you. Welcome
  • LynnBirchfield
    LynnBirchfield Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. Please feel free to friend me by clicking on my user name and adding me. I wish you the best of luck in your weight loss journey. We can do this!!
  • millermichellelea
    Options
    Welcome and best of luck! This is the easiest way to lose on my own, I used Jenny Craig before.
  • pattysw17
    Options
    Hi MJ...Best wishes to you and your success in health...you can do it! Keep in touch, Patty
  • Nurse_Christy
    Nurse_Christy Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I just joined a couple days ago. There is lots of support and helpful stuff.
  • DJJW
    DJJW Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Everyone here is great support! Good luck on your weight loss journey! Feel free to add me:)
  • GremlinJenny
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! It is a nifty little site isn't it? Good luck to you in your progress!!!! xoxo