The Comeback Kid

danab479
danab479 Posts: 4
edited September 22 in Introduce Yourself
I found the iPhone app before actually finding the website... I went from 200lbs to 136lbs but because of Surgery in Spring...I was sideline and couldn't work out. Not to mention.. fell in love with a man who cooks like a pro!!! So now I'm almost at 160lbs! I had a pitty party the day before joining and decided enough is enough. I know what to do I just have to work a little harder! So I'm here to not just get back to where I was at.. but be in even better health. To undertstand food... and not be affriad of food. Also to have a support group... I have great friends, family and trainer... but often people do not undertsand the physical and emotional journey of trying to lose weight!

So I'm here! I'm ready tears and sweat!

Replies

• Great job, and even being 160 from 200 is pretty amazing a year later!
    I get the worry about being afraid of food and people not understanding how hard it is, but you can do it :}
  • Thanks so much!

Understanding food as a source of energy is so important. I need to beable to make smart choices... that's the key. :)
  • caitlinclock
    caitlinclock Posts: 528 Member
    Yeah, I can understand where you're coming from too as far as trying to understand food. I'm working on this too.

Good luck! MFP is a fantastic tool to help you and everyone here is so supportive! :)
  • lreed
    lreed Posts: 348 Member
    As you said, you know what to do! What a blessing to have found a man who cooks so well on top of everything else. I have had similar struggles, I was out 4 months with a major back injury and gained back 1/2 of what I had lost. :cry: But just gotta get back on the horse and get to working out again. It has helped me to have conversations with my man about food, like for me, the big compromise was look honey, I am gonna eat a veggie and the protein at dinner, but not the starch, he supported my journey, and it made it easier for him to think about what I will eat, now most of the time he makes two veggies with the protein for dinner. Good luck! If you would like to friend me, send a request. Congratulations on being down 40lbs, that's phenomenal! :drinker:
This discussion has been closed.