The Dog On The Nail

Options
So, there is a story that I was told once and it has helped me through a lot of the challenges I have faced. The story goes something like this:
There was a young man walking down the street and happened to see a old man sitting on his porch. Next to the old man was his dog, who was whining and whimpering. The young man asked the old man “What’s wrong with your dog” The old man said “He’s laying on a nail”. The young man asked “Laying on a nail?, Well why doesn’t he get up?” The old man then replied “It’s not hurting bad enough.”

The point is, if you are struggling with your diet and exercise goals, then you need to ask yourself if being overweight or unhealthy hurts enough to change. You have to be honest with yourself. What does it mean to you to be healthy? What does it mean to the people close to you? How does it affect your life, you spouse or significant other, or your children?

Most of all, it's important to note that the yowling and barking excuses that you make up as to why you're not where you want to be are just that. They're peripheral and unimportant. They're easy to come up with and even easier to live in the reality of.

Nothing will change unless you decide to change and then commit to the effort required to invoke the change.

So go out there and get some. Hawthorne out.

Replies

• sarahsedai
    sarahsedai Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    just what i needed this morning... and so applicable to many challenges in life, not just weight loss.
    thank you. :)
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    So true!

Thanks!
  • Mpalamar
    Mpalamar Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Very true! Which is why my favorite saying is, (when it comes to excercise and eating healthy) ... Your excuse is INVALID! (hence my ticker below lol).
  • dhall2011
    dhall2011 Posts: 209
    Options
    Thanks for posting. :)