Gift help please - My boss....

HeatherShrinking
HeatherShrinking Posts: 776 Member
edited September 22 in Chit-Chat
Sorry about the totally non-weightloss topic, but I need help.

I have to buy my boss a xmas gift and I have no idea what to get him. I'm planning on spending $20-$25. He's in his 50's, on a diet and doesn't drink much alcohol. (There goes my bottle of wine idea). Last year I got him chocolates, but it was kind of lame. Any ideas? I'm completely at a loss. (I got our co-worker a leather charm bracelet from Pandora-so his gift should be close to as nice)

Replies

• porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    When in doubt, a gift card could suffice........ Many argue that they are a bit "impersonal," but if you're really having a hard time, it might be the way to go. Find out where he likes to go out and eat, and get one from there.

I was going to suggest a personalized flask, but he doesn't drink much so that probably wouldn't be as appreciated as you'd like it to be!
  • I agree, if you can find out his favorite restaurant or store, a gift card become less impersonal.

Otherwise, a nice insulated coffee thermos? A motivational book, or one on a subject he likes/works in? A fancy bottle of olive oil? A kitchen gadget like an herb keeper or french press?

Good luck!
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    I feel ya! I don't even get my husband anything for Christmas but I "Have" to get something for my boss. I spend more on her than on everyone else combined! (Since I do end up getting the hubby and son a couple lotto tickets and a chocolate bar :) and a craft for my son to make grandma.) We have resorted to pretty much yearly doing a spa gift certificate. I don't know that would work for your boss being a guy - but ... maybe there is something in that type of thing that would work? Gosh, now I am just glad my boss is not male! Although then maybe he would not be so emotional about must get something for Christmas like my boss who mopes if we don't! :laugh:
  • modernfemme
    modernfemme Posts: 454 Member
    What about some gormet coffee or tea?
  • cef957
    cef957 Posts: 86 Member
    my vote is for lotto tickets!!!! or spa/restaurant certificate
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    get him an awesome coffee to-go mug with a starbucks gift certificate in it (or Tim Hortons!! WOOT WOOT)
  • get him a nice pen set.
  • HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 776 Member
    Thanks for all the suggestions! I'm still not sure what I'm getting him, but now I have a bunch of ideas.
This discussion has been closed.