Hello! New here, long road ahead.

Options
laceyf53
laceyf53 Posts: 110 Member
Hello everyone, I'm a 29 year old female living on the central coast in California. I have insulin resistance and have fought hard to keep weight off since I was 17 years old. I was a Marine for 4 years right out of high school, and every year it got tougher and tougher to keep my weight down, even though I was very fit.

Right after I got out I was very depressed and ballooned up to 214 lbs. I lost a good chunk of it and thought I would be able to keep it off, but with college and money problems and working 2 - 3 jobs, it piled right back on and then some. Even when I was working a desk job and a job that required a lot of walking (16 hours a week of walking and standing on top of my 40 hour a week desk job) I didn't lose any weight.

Now both my husband and I are done with the military and school, and we have good paying jobs. I am finally concentrating on fixing my weight once and for all. I have weighed 244 lbs for the past 2 years, and on Friday I went to the medical weight loss center to get an EKG, blood draw, weight and body fat calibration done. They prescribed me appetite suppressants, multi-vitamins, fat burner pills, and I get a weekly "lipo" shot. The first 3 days (I'm on day 2) are 600 calories and no carbs. Once my body reaches ketosis, I begin eating more calories and integrate fruits and vegetables back into my diet. They said most people lose 20 lbs in the first month, so I'm pretty excited! It hasn't been too difficult yet - the appetite suppressants really help with the cravings.

I'm excited to meet other people and hopefully find a workout buddy. Once I get past the first few weeks, I'm going to start Power 90, so maybe someone else here is doing that program as well.

Replies

• Stargazer525
    Stargazer525 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hey!! I'm new here too!! :flowerforyou: Welcome to MFP!

If you don't mind me asking, what's a "lipo" shot?
  • thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    Are you going to start Power 90 or the new P90? Add me if you are looking for support. I know what a long term commitment this is!
  • laceyf53
    Options
    Hey!! I'm new here too!! :flowerforyou: Welcome to MFP!

If you don't mind me asking, what's a "lipo" shot?

Awesome, well we'll both be in the same boat then. The "lipo" shot is methionine, inositol, and choline. It's supposed to support energy levels and metabolize stored carbohydrates in the liver. Essentially, it helps you reach and maintain ketosis quickly.
  • laceyf53
    Options
    Are you going to start Power 90 or the new P90? Add me if you are looking for support. I know what a long term commitment this is!

I did not know there was a new P90, I bought Power 90 probably 5 or 6 years ago and I've done it a few times already. Once I'm done I want to move on to P90x master series, which my husband bought but I have never done. That is dependent on my fitness levels and also how many calories I'm eating at that time, since it is such a demanding workout.