Freezable Vegan Meals???

Options
PriscillaLaine
PriscillaLaine Posts: 124 Member
Hello,

Does anyone have any Vegan meal recipes that are freezable??

I much prefer to make big batches of things and freeze them in portions, but at the moment I'm pretty limited to a bolognese and various soups.

Looking for some tasty new dinners to make, preferably not ones which break the bank, or use a lot of hard to come by ingredients, I have a limited budget at the moment!

Thanks in advance :flowerforyou:

Replies

• PMfx
    PMfx Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I make a lot of beans and rice dishes. I make two weeks worth at a time, and freeze them in individual containers. Inexpensive and complete protein group. I get a lot of recipes from here:

http://www.nutritionmd.org

I really like the Hoppin John Salad. I don't freeze it though

All meals are vegan, and a lot of variety. Hope that helps
  • SandyBVTN
    SandyBVTN Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Vegan chili, breakfast burritos and chick pea curry come to mind for me!
  • la_vie_est_belle_
    la_vie_est_belle_ Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I just froze a big batch of quinoa and also a big batch of Curried lentils.
  • AleciaG724
    AleciaG724 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Vegan veggie and black bean enchiladas. Or if you don't feel like rolling them up just layer like a lasagna. Then just cut your portions and freeze. They microwave up very well for lunches too.

ETA: I also freeze my Vegan Sloppy Joe's (lentils and finely chopped veggies in a sweet and savory BBQ-style sauce.
  • PriscillaLaine
    PriscillaLaine Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Thank-you all! Will definitely be adding some of these to my roster!

Those vegan sloppy Joe's sound particularly delicious :love:
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    Vegan veggie and black bean enchiladas. Or if you don't feel like rolling them up just layer like a lasagna. Then just cut your portions and freeze. They microwave up very well for lunches too.

ETA: I also freeze my Vegan Sloppy Joe's (lentils and finely chopped veggies in a sweet and savory BBQ-style sauce.

this sounds really good