what weight is healthy?

Options
What healthy weight should a woman weigh at 5ft 5" and has a small frame weigh?

Replies

• JoanneKendrick
    JoanneKendrick Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Any suggestions?
  • cookieinbk82
    cookieinbk82 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Any suggestions?

About 125-150
  • Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    What healthy weight should a woman weigh at 5ft 5" and has a small frame weigh?

WebMD has a BMI calculator that I use.
    It said for a 5'5" female I put in age 25 because you didn't tell and look young. You could way as little as 120 lbs. in a size 4 to 145 lbs. in a size 8 and be in a healthy range. 120 lbs. was on the low side..
  • TheSheepFollower
    TheSheepFollower Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I think it's around 108-130 for a small framed that's 5'5
  • JoanneKendrick
    Options
    Thanks guys. :-) I will look at your suggestions. I'm 5ft 5" and weigh 131lbs. I have been trying to loose weight but it's not happening. But I have started to loose inches. I was wondering if my weight is fine and to just maintain but to tone up. My arms are 9.5 ", thighs 17.5 ", hips 34" and tummy 29". Does this seem on? I am only asking as I use to weigh 125 lbs 6 months ago so struggling to understand why I have gain, or is this normal.
  • One2Run
    One2Run Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5", 43, small framed and 110. Still a bit fluffy, and will work on recomp this winter once running season is over. I started at 132. I'd say go until you feel good about yourself, not what a BMI chart or random strangers say is good for you.
  • JoanneKendrick
    Options
    Thank you one2run. I will just keep trying. I will increase my weight training and stick to running as well. Maybe my body is being stubborn lol. I'm positive the mini pill has messed me up a bit but giving it a good 6 months so it's out of my system. Thank you for your positive feedback and well done on your weight loss journey :-) x