Treadmill problem? Not sure

Options
Hey, everyone, sorry if this isn't really the place, but Google hasn't been the most helpful. Anyway, I bought a treadmill a couple days ago and whenever I walk at the highest incline, the belt speeds up to the point where I have to start running. It's as if the weight of my body is causing some momentum of sorts. The thing is rated for 350 lbs and I'm 227. Does anyone know if my belt is too tight or loose? Thanks for any help.

P.S. The treadmill is a Pro-form Power 995 if that makes a difference.

Replies

• HappyGramps
    HappyGramps Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm no expert on treadmills, but I've owned and used a couple. I've never experienced what you're describing, and I'm in your same weight category. Based on your description, I would suggest that you have one of two issues:
    1. The belt is too loose and is slipping when you go to the highest incline, which would appear to you to be a faster speed. I would try tightening the belt as a first suggestion. Changing the belt tension is pretty straightforward on most consumer treadmills. (See your manual.)
    2. If tightening the belt doesn't help, there may be an issue with the treadmill. If you just bought it a few days ago, it should be under warranty, so you should contact the vendor to arrange a professional adjustment or repair (at no cost to you).