Stalling out -- Any tips?

Options
Hey there,

So I have never posted before but love reading everything (especially the success stories -- with pics ;)). The short story is: grew up really thin. Gained about 10 lbs/year after my daughter was born. Ended up weighing 198 (mid-may of this year). So I did this, joined the best gym ever (Orange Theory Fitness, FWIW) and lost 35 since then. But now -- I have just stalled out. The weight is not coming off anymore (or it is, but really slowly) and its getting me bummed again. Any tips to turbo charge (if not my body, then my mind) so I can keep on keeping on.

(I eat about 12-1300 cals/day -- and eat back about 75% of my exercise cals)

10364153.png

Replies

• leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Well, for one thing your metabolism might be changing. For another you might need to take measurements to *see* the difference. Often our bodies stall slightly while fat becomes muscle. Muscle is more dense than fat so you might be getting slimmer but staying a similar weight.

As far as suggestions, not sure. I'm a runner so I don't really get that heavy even when I'm heavy. If that makes any kind of wonky sense.

I will tell you that I use weekly cals instead of daily. Some folks swear it keeps your system guessing. I swear I love wings on football days so I have to save up or I don't get them :wink: . If it gets my metabolism shook up, that's just another benefit.

Oh, one thing that does help is a 10 minute metabolism boost in the morning. Usually I do abs or a little walk. If I feel like it I do abs or a little walk at night, too. That actually keeps about 2 lbs off that comes back on if I'm not doing it. (It's a slow process though - don't expect to see change overnight from that).

Best of luck to you!