Should I be worried?

Options
Earlier I went out for a run, about half way into it, I felt this aching pain just below my pectoral muscles. It made me feel slightly sick, and walking did not help it, sitting down on a bench for a few minutes made it subside.

Should I try running in a couple of days again to see if the pain is reoccurring and go to my Doctor if it is?

Replies

• traceywoody
    traceywoody Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Doctor. Definitely doctor.
  • FaylinaMeir
    FaylinaMeir Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    you could have strained a muscle and you're fine. I would say if your pulse is normal, and you feel fine now try not to stress about it. I get this sometimes if I hurt my shoulder and that muscle group over my chest area would hurt. If it keeps happening though, I would go to a doctor defiantly!
    If you're super concerned though go to a doctor anyways.
  • Onechk
    Onechk Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I get pains there occasionally if I'm not breathing correctly while running. Bottom line, if it's concerning to you then go for a check up. If you don't then try to focus on your breathing next time you go running.
  • michikade
    michikade Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Are you talking about a centralized ache or an ache on one side or the other moreso than the center?

Centralized - could be from not breathing efficiently, or it could be from a sore upper abdomen (since those muscles are used for posture and stabilization while running). One side or the other could be as benign as a stitch (especially if you upped intensity today) or it could be something else.

If you're concerned, please see a doctor. If the pain was really intense to the point where it felt like it was hard to breathe, please see a doctor.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Earlier I went out for a run, about half way into it, I felt this aching pain just below my pectoral muscles. It made me feel slightly sick, and walking did not help it, sitting down on a bench for a few minutes made it subside.

Should I try running in a couple of days again to see if the pain is reoccurring and go to my Doctor if it is?

How often do you run, and how long do you run for at what level of intensity?

What other training do you do?

Assuming that you don't do much it sounds like you've just overdone it a little.
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options

How often do you run, and how long do you run for at what level of intensity?

What other training do you do?

Assuming that you don't do much it sounds like you've just overdone it a little.

I usually run 3 or 4 times a week, this was my first time in a week as my feet don't really have arches, so I had to give them a rest. I also do strength training 5 days a week, whether they are on the cardio days is just up to my schedule.

I'm booked into the doctors, just to get it checked out, but I suspect it's probably me overdoing it a little :p