help toning arms

Options
I've been doing weights to get rid of my arm flab but I think that I'm just making the fat turn into muscle, lean muscle I don't mind but I'm afraid of getting bulky muscle. Any suggestions?

Replies

• guardup
    guardup Posts: 230
    Options
    1) Fat doesn't turn into muscle. And you cannot work one specific area to reduce fat.
    2) Don't worry about it. You need to lift BIG weights frequently to get bulky muscles.
  • tigertchr23
    tigertchr23 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Cardio, cardio, cardio. Also a high protein diet with fresh fruits and vegetables. The cardio burns the fat. The high protein helps you build lean muscle. Basic push-ups, tricep dips, arm circles, planks, flutter arms, etc. are more effective for toning your arms but you HAVE to do the cardio or you won't see the results you want.

Best wishes:flowerforyou:
  • dannyred
    Options
    You can not turn fat into muscle. You can only burn fat atop of the muscle and the best way to do that is by doing cardio. Only the muscle can turn bigger and for you to do that you must pump iron with heavy weights. If you are not trying to get bulky muscles but trying to get the lean muscles do some cardio for the fat burn and many repetitions of light weights at the gym. Thats what i would do.
  • Suzy12
    Suzy12 Posts: 284
    Options
    I disagree. Working your arms with moderate weights will tone them nicely - and you can see results in as little as four weeks (I have the pics to prove it). Cardio does burn fat, but as you tone and become leaner, you'll also burn more calories because muscle works harder to burn cals than fat does.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Yep, what they said.