What happens when I am always over in sugar allotment

Options
Hi there People.

I have never had the column showing in regards to how much sugar I am taking in, in a day. I added it today so that I could see from now on. I am pretty sure that many times I was over what It is allowing me for sugar a day only 30. So if I am staying at my allotment of calories but I am always over in the sugar column is that going to cause me to not loose weight as fast or I will gain more fat?

Replies

• NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I personally think their sugar allotment is way too low. Based on the foods available on most diets, even healthy ones, there's going to be a fair bit of sugar.

I wouldn't worry about it. As long as you are within your total calories you will be okay. In general, complex carbs are better for your health than simple carbs like sugars, but as long as you are hitting your calorie count you should still be losing weight :).
  • melliebee
    melliebee Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I go over in sugar every day. If you are eating fruits and veggies it is impossible to not see red on that little ticker.. which is why I got rid of it.. My rule of thumb is to stay away from TOO much refined sugar (although I am guilty of putting the white stuff into my tea on a daily basis).. like its been said time and time again, moderation is key! :)
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    I don't track sugar. I eat 2-3 servings of fresh fruit a day and the log doesn't differentiates between good or bad sugars. So, it would always seem like I was over on sugar.
  • AmieCrawford
    AmieCrawford Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am also always over in my sugar column. I mean one apple or one banana with other regular food with knock it out! I feel like it is a lot better to just make sure they are fruits and juices, not candy or sweets.