Rest Day - YUCK!

guardup
guardup Posts: 230
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
Ok... so I am a gym junkie. I LOVE my daily workout. I lift weights for about 1.5 - 2 hours a day (up to 2.5 hours on a weekend day if the weather is crappy). I also walk for my cardio (4mph min. for 5 miles min). I generally lift 4-5 days a week and walk 3-4. Which means I sometimes do both walking and lifting on the same day. Makes for an awesome day of at least 1000 calories in exercise.

However, I also try to get one day of rest a week. I limit myself to 30 minutes of walking... unless I simply can't take it and then I do another 30 minutes of 3mph.

Does anyone else get "restless body" syndrome on your rest day? Part of the problem is that I am reading some cool articles on interesting lifting techniques. So I find myself anxious for that muscle group to come around so I can try out the new routine. 8 more hours. Then Rest Day is done.

I know there are those here who hate the gym. The only time I don't like it is when the weather is gorgeous. Then I do things like stack wood, hike, wash my truck... whatever I can to get the heart rate up and take in that sensational sunshine.

But its winter now and the gym is where I need to be. I need my daily dose of endorphins. I want that blissful full body thrum as the blood fills my muscles and my every inch of stress seeps out of my pores.

7 hours and 56 minutes to go.... :happy:

Replies

• NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    I'm a newly minted gym junkie myself, so I completely understand the cravings! I feel so unproductive during my off days. However, I try to remember that the off days are actually good for my body, so I'm still building muscle/toning even when I'm resting.

I just try to stay busy with as much as I can during my off days, but I always find myself wishing I was at the gym. I guess this is a much better problem to have than the other way around!
  • nikkicarter13
    nikkicarter13 Posts: 231 Member
    I hate days off...I feel so unproductive. Working out of any kind just makes me feel better.
This discussion has been closed.