new to this:)

rachel122986
rachel122986 Posts: 46
edited September 22 in Introduce Yourself
Hi my name is rachel and this is the first time I'm actually keeping track of my calories and exercise so far its really frustrating and the 30 lbs I would love to lose seems so far away. It seems like I lose three and gain four back and it just keeps repeating. I am hoping my fitness pal will keep me from giving up. Last year at this time I somehow lost 30 lbs ..I think its because I quit drinking...and now I really want to feel better both emotionally and physically. I would love for some people to add me as a friend!

Replies

• Ding724
    Ding724 Posts: 791 Member
    Feel free to add me...I am from Minnesota too :happy:
    Good luck on your weightloss journey!
  • speacock
    speacock Posts: 2 Member
    There is a lot of secrets to losing weight and feeling better, I have lost near 50lbs so far, and I still have about 100 to go, feel free to add me as a friend and I will try to help keep you motivated if of course you do the same.
    You have already discovered probably one of the key secrets - drinking not quite sure what you're drinking for me it was Dr. Peppers, others it might be beer or some other form of beverage, but many times those have so many calories it isn't even funny. I was downing 1000 to 1500 calories plus a day in DP. Another thing I learned here is even though you earn extra calories by exercising that some of the calorie counts in here is over stated, If possible I wouldn't eat those extra calories or if you do, then only eat maybe a third of them. I have had good luck keep track of my calories.
  • Hi, Rachel. I empathize with you, I really do. But you can lose 30 pounds, and this is the best first step you can take. Believe you can do it; I believe you can. :smile::

I'm sending a friend request your way!
This discussion has been closed.