Modern Day Pin-up Girls - WEEK 16

Options
week15a.jpg
week15b.jpg

Replies

• RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Okay, I'm going to stop weighing myself for a bit. My scale is completely confused, and says I gained 8lbs today.

I realized that were I had it sitting, the floor wasn't exactly even, which may have been part of my problem, but when i put it on level floor, I'm back in the 180's!!! Ugh. I know it's just a number and whether is says 170 or 180, I'm still the same size, but I can't help but be a little annoyed. I'm going to see how consistent it will be while weighing on the flat surface to see if that's my problem. Honestly, 180's would make more sense for the pant size I'm in and such, but those 160's were looking good.
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Good week ladies!! I'm hoping to just maintain for the next month since this time of year is hard to lose. So my goal is to maintain as best as possible. Also to hit the gym (free 7 day pass!! Woot Woot!) for the next few days and keep my water up. Here's to a fantastic new week everyone!!
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Okay, I'm going to stop weighing myself for a bit. My scale is completely confused, and says I gained 8lbs today.

I realized that were I had it sitting, the floor wasn't exactly even, which may have been part of my problem, but when i put it on level floor, I'm back in the 180's!!! Ugh. I know it's just a number and whether is says 170 or 180, I'm still the same size, but I can't help but be a little annoyed. I'm going to see how consistent it will be while weighing on the flat surface to see if that's my problem. Honestly, 180's would make more sense for the pant size I'm in and such, but those 160's were looking good.

That sucks *kitten*!! I have done that many times! :grumble: Sorry Rach!
    But thanks for doing all this work for us pin-ups! I really appreciate this group and you, even though I don't post very often.
    It's still nice to be a part of something like this. I still can't believe I have lost 13.5 lbs since this group started. Amazing!

Congrats to all the girls who lost this week. And congrats to the ones who didn't. You ALL are doing a great job! :flowerforyou:

Have a good week! :heart:

Dani
  • Knbrooks42
    Knbrooks42 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Rach, I just made a post today about putting the scale away! I have been pretty disappointed in my weigh-ins this past week and I've decided I just can't let it rule my emotions anymore! I'm tired of it! So I told myself I'm not going to weigh in again this week until Friday.

You are right; they are just numbers. But if you are like me, you can see the differences when you look in the mirror and that's what we need to keep our main focus on. Numbers are just so addicting though haha.

Good luck this week everyone!
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    Are you weighing at the same time of day each weigh in? I have been known to gain 5-8lbs from am to pm in a day, but by the next morning I am down again.

I have intensionally gone 30 days without weighing because it was stressing me out. I don't blame you for that. I would just make sure you are weighing at the same time and drinking LOTS of water. ALSO, if you had a large amount of sodium within 24hrs before without exercise to flush it, you may be holding onto water. Best of luck. Don't stress! :-D You are doing great!
  • kayleigh333
    Options
    sorry i didn't weigh in yesterday, my internet was down (again!). I'm 136.6 this week.
  • audiophile
    Options
    Didn't gain, didn't lose. Still 135.8 lbs. :) ah well, I'll just try harder this week! Congrats to all that lost, and if you didn't, then don't worry! There's always next week! X
  • sheilabennett
    Options
    Great job last week everyone!!!

Again, I have no goals... well I would like to make it through this week sane. I am leaving for holidays next tuesday, and I am not sure how I am going to fit everything in!

Hope everyone has a great week!!
  • Kalee34
    Kalee34 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry Rach! I know how frustrating that is. For the most part everyone did very well, Congrats to everyone!!!
    I love being able to see this chart, it is great! Thanks so much Rach for what you do!
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Mine is doing the same thing, Rach. Maybe we have the same type of scale. It says I've gained like 7lbs since yesterday. When I know I burned 1400 calories. But apparently that's out of whack.

Oh and if you have to edit the thing for anything, my weigh was only a .4 increase instead of 2lbs. Sorry. If not then it's cool, I don't mind.

Going to the doctor today for a check up. Maybe she can help me out with this weight loss thing and get some of my anxiety situated. The thing is I'm anxious about going to the doctor. Ugh.
  • RachVR6
    Options
    Mine is doing the same thing, Rach. Maybe we have the same type of scale. It says I've gained like 7lbs since yesterday. When I know I burned 1400 calories. But apparently that's out of whack.

Oh and if you have to edit the thing for anything, my weigh was only a .4 increase instead of 2lbs. Sorry. If not then it's cool, I don't mind.

Going to the doctor today for a check up. Maybe she can help me out with this weight loss thing and get some of my anxiety situated. The thing is I'm anxious about going to the doctor. Ugh.

I'll update it.

Yea I was thinking about possibly needing to get my thyroid rechecked, since it was so up and down about 2 yrs ago.
  • abeare
    abeare Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I didn’t have the opportunity to post my weight in yesterday, but I lost!
    LW 151.6
    CW 150.2
    I’m surprised I did because this past weekend was bad, but I guess all the hard work I’ve been putting into it the past couple weeks made sure that a small slip up didn’t stop my weight loss. I am back on track this week, I was under goal by 30cals yesterday and went to the gym last night. I plan on going to my Tae box class tonight!
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    Hey girls! A good way to check your scale is to set a dumbell on it and see what it says. Luckily, I have a manually adjusted analog scale so I just makes sure it is at 0 and in the same place on my floor everytime I weigh myself .

My goal for this week is to not gain. :laugh:
  • SweetPandora
    SweetPandora Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Good job everyone! Loss or not it is a hard time of year with all the decadence surrounding us.

I am going to just try my best through the next couple of weeks and get workouts it when I can.

You can't get where your are going if you give up! :)

Karen
  • RachVR6
    Options
    I can't believe the scale thing has me so depressed and out of sorts!! I need to get a grip!!!
  • JoyousRen
    Options
    I can't believe the scale thing has me so depressed and out of sorts!! I need to get a grip!!!

*hugs* It's completely normal to be disappointed about it.
  • RachVR6
    Options

*hugs* It's completely normal to be disappointed about it.

It's just funny because physically I didn't gain 8lbs in a day, but I'm still allowing myself to act like I did. It has me second guessing the weight I HAVE lost, and looking at myself in the mirror saying, well maybe I've been tricking myself into seeing changes in my body that aren't there.

Can someone help me turn off my mind?? :huh:
  • JoyousRen
    Options
    It's just funny because physically I didn't gain 8lbs in a day, but I'm still allowing myself to act like I did. It has me second guessing the weight I HAVE lost, and looking at myself in the mirror saying, well maybe I've been tricking myself into seeing changes in my body that aren't there.

Can someone help me turn off my mind?? :huh:
    I've been trying to figure out how to do that for MONTHS. No luck yet.
  • JoyousRen
    Options
    bloody double post.
  • RachVR6
    Options
    bloody double post.

I think I'm going to put the scale away until we hit 20weeks here, and start Round 3. I need to focus on my goals and why I'm doing this again. Just do the best I can each day.