What Are your goals for January?

Options
I'm figuring we need a competitive theme for January. I say we start the beginning of the Year, post holidays with a gut wrenching/calorie burning Challege.

Post some of your general goals and/or Idea? Let's Synergize.

Replies

• Dlibo1013
    Dlibo1013 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    just to keep on trucking baby :-) Keep taking it off
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    To stay on mfp all year so i won't get lazy!:happy:
  • Mhaney
    Mhaney Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Meh, I'm going for an easy route, not ready for the big hard goals just yet. My goal is to fit comfortably in a size 16 pants. My size 18 are falling off right now and I've been on this site for roughly 2 weeks.
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    No specific resolutions - maintaining what I've achieved is most important to me. If I can, I'd like to reach my goal weight (13 lbs to go) but if I don't, not going to stress. I'd like to learn how to jog but that depends more on whether my knees can handle it, right now having a little trouble with the left.
  • ironmule2042
    Options
    My goals will be to continue with the healthy lifestyle and improve my health all around. I plan on being as active as I can to do this...
  • shellydd
    shellydd Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    to get thru december
  • jamaka1
    jamaka1 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    my goal is 2 be 5lbs lighter by my birthday 1/24
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    To be smoke free.
  • tameka1220
    tameka1220 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Lift stronger!
    Eat healthy!
    Stay focused!
    Get through the spring semester with no problems!
    Help my daughter decide which college she will attend (after she gets back accepatance letters)
    Drop 1 or 2 pants size!
    Re-tile my bathoom floor
    Convert my son's bedroom from a boy's room to a teen's room (his request).

Whew! This list is looong. Think it'll run into the months following January! LOL!!
  • quentien3
    quentien3 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Meh, I'm going for an easy route, not ready for the big hard goals just yet. My goal is to fit comfortably in a size 16 pants. My size 18 are falling off right now and I've been on this site for roughly 2 weeks.

Hey, To keep the Morale up, You have to celebrate to small victories until you win the War! Keep doing what chu doing!
  • uniquesoul73
    uniquesoul73 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I just re-started my journey on 12/14/10. My goal is to lose 15 pounds by mid January. I'm starting off in small increments so that I will stay motivated and keep my focus.
  • quentien3
    Options
    Lift stronger!
    Eat healthy!
    Stay focused!
    Help my daughter decide which college she will attend (after she gets back accepatance letters)
    Drop 1 or 2 pants size!
    Re-tile my bathoom floor

Whew! This list is looong. Think it'll run into the months following January! LOL!!

I see you girl. You're a regular DIY'er! That's taking ownership for what you believe is important, That's always an expectional thing. Congrats!
  • quentien3
    Options
    Please folks don't say Starting off small, Little, or tiny! No goal is too small, It takes a big (strong) person to realize change is needed in their lives. To move forward is never a small feat! I applaud you all on your actions.

Make sure you put them on paper and continue to log in!

LOL.
  • erica79
    erica79 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    to keep excercising, maybe make it through a whole 30 days of 30 day shred and then move onto P90x
  • tameka1220
    tameka1220 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Lift stronger!
    Eat healthy!
    Stay focused!
    Drop 1 or 2 pants size!
    Re-tile my bathoom floor

I see you girl. You're a regular DIY'er! That's taking ownership for what you believe is important, That's always an expectional thing. Congrats!

thanks Q!!
  • quentien3
    Options
    bump
  • Gradeafancy
    Gradeafancy Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm new here, but I'm up for a challenege. I have 3 months to get hit my first goal for 25lbs before my dream trip. I would love something with lots of exercise!
  • kizzy_muss
    kizzy_muss Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    GOALS IN JANUARY:
    - WEIGH 170 BY JANUARY 31
    -ATTEND ALL CHRISTIAN MEETINGS (SUNDAYS AND TUESDAYS/OR WEDNESDAYS)
    -HAVE A PERSONAL BIBLE STUDY
    -do a a more indepth calorie intake on bodybugg (bought a biggest loser food journal...but that only keeps track of calorie intake, carbs, fat, and protein)
    -start going out in the ministry
  • srsimon
    srsimon Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    My goal for my winter break is to get below 140 (I keep teetering between 140-145) so once January hits:

--Start taking a Zumba class and keep up with it and get the most out of it. (I'm doing this with a sorority sister, and looking forward to it)
    --Keep up an active workout schedule. (Once school starts it's very hard to find workout motivation)
    --Keep up with a low cal diet
    --Work toward my 130lb goal!
  • quentien3
    Options
    Zumba is really fun! Just enjoy it, the calories will fall off and you won't even notice.