Homemade protein bar recipes to share?

Options
Hi,

Anyone have any good tried and tested protein bar recipes?

I've used the search function and come across plenty that look good, but wondering if anyone has a recipe that they make regularly.

I really stuggle to eat the shop bought ones because of the texture and revolting taste.

Please don't tell me to try Quest bars, as another reason I'm asking is that I'm about to take a sizeable reduction in my income. I'm ok with buying protein power in tester sachets to use for a batch of bars, but I can't afford weird ingredients such as space particles, essence of jellyfish or aggravated algae.

Many thanks!

Replies

• princessinnocentknickers
    Options
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=67325308

these are lovely, depending on the flavour of protein powder you use

I find they can be a bit sticky so before I throw them in the zip lock bag I coat them in a tiny bit of coconut flour, once they're all hardened up in the freezer then I find they stick together perfectly. I leave them in the fridge when Imake them but i've left them out in cupboards to test them out and they stay firm and chewy, with no mess. without cocnut flour you probably will have to experiment a bit with the ml of water in the recipe cos they can get quite sticky if you use too much and it doesn't seem to take much to cross into "too much"

there used to be pictures on the thread but I guess the account they were linked from closed down

actually i should point out that the brand of whey protein you use seems to affect it abit as well. I've only ever used myprotein impact whey but I know a couple of people who've used different brands and they said the consistency of the bars changed a bit depending on the brand they used.
  • Elsie_Brownraisin
    Elsie_Brownraisin Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Bump?

Will give the one above a try, thanks.