This was me...this is me (pics)

Options
Phrick
Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
I found some old pictures the other day, and I was blown away at where I started and how far I've come. I want to share! It's possible! Really, actually possible!! I honestly don't know my highest weight, because I was at the point of closing my eyes at the doctor's office at weigh-in time. But pictures...

This is the oldest Fat Me picture I found - it was taken in October of 2007 at my son's birthday celebration. This was a time when I swallowed the lie I told myself that "I carry my weight well...I look OK." I can't fathom that I believed that. Unfortunately pictures don't lie:

2007-before-MFP_zps9c1c999d.jpg

This next picture is from 2013 - 3 days after getting back to MFP and actually being serious. It was taken in late February of 2013. Forgive the weird cropping, I had initially cropped my face out of the picture but decided later I'd rather see all of me but I hadn't saved the original picture! My weight in this picture was 254.6 pounds.( :embarassed: )

2013-swim-before-MFP_zpsc579d63f.jpg

Merely one month later, on March 30 2013, my family went on a brutal hike (ok now I know it was an easy hike but it was brutal to me then!!) This pic was taken at the top of the trail. I weighed 232.0 that morning.

TorreyPines-MFP_zps4be5bcac.jpg

I didn't take many pictures I'm willing to share between that day and this next pic! Mostly weird underwear progress shots - you don't get to see those LOL. But I loved this picture when I took it, pimples and all. It was taken in July of 2013, I weighed 208.

2014-July-during-MFP_zpsc1c60935.jpg

Next up, my birthday dinner! I had taken a diet break of sorts for about 4 months - logged but not faithfully and wasn't consistent in intake or exercise. I still managed to lose - 196 pounds in this picture.

2-15-14-during-MFP_zps3546952c.jpg

I was purging my closet yesterday and found some old pants, so I had my husband take the next two pictures. I am down to 163.0 pounds, and not done yet (my goal is soft-set at 154). The pants in this picture are a size 22 and fit pretty well 17 months ago. Today I wear size 12 pants (but the whole reason I was purging my closet was that I need to donate the 12s to get some 10s!). I tried to do the whole "both legs in one pant leg of my old jeans" thing but the legs on these particular pants are tapered and I almost fell over, so that was a no-go. Maybe when I reach my goal it'll happen!

22-to-121-MFP_zpsa4f20f85.jpg

22-to-122-MFP_zps66d7556b.jpg

Replies

• slimbettie
    slimbettie Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Just. Wow. I love these success stories. Thanks so much for sharing. And you look amazing!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Phrickin' amazing!!! (see what I did there? :laugh: )

You're awesome! I can really relate to you because I started about the same size and have a similar body shape, so you're so motivating for me!
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Amazing! you look fabulous!
  • lenny1976
    lenny1976 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Well done! You look fantastic :happy:
  • Cyrinadia
    Cyrinadia Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Beautifully inspirational! Thank you for sharing :)
  • harribeau2012
    harribeau2012 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    WELL DONE_ what a great job you've done/are doing !
  • mary659497
    mary659497 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Incredible. Can you share what led to your success.
  • Sharon5913
    Sharon5913 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job!!! Enjoy your success, you have more than earned it. :drinker:
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Incredible. Can you share what led to your success.

mary - I implemented a basic "eat less-move more" philosophy. I decreased my intake and I increased my activity level (I pretty much just race-walk; I'd love to run and have in the recent past, but my doc has forbidden it for now due to a back injury :sad: ). I have used MFP in the past, you can see my original join date was in Sept of 2011 :laugh:! But I always made it harder than it had to be. This time I categorically said I would not prepare separate dinners for myself and the rest of my family, and that NO food would be strictly off-limits. I still make spaghetti and casseroles, we eat burgers, etc. I just eat less. If I can't fit it in my calorie goal, or if I can't redo the recipe to fit it then I just don't make it.

Probably my most worthwhile investment was my food scale. I weigh everything. Even packaged items! Because even though the package may say it contains 1 serving of 68 grams, they're allowed a fudge-factor of around 20% +- [at least in the US]. I've had a 68-gram protein bar weigh as little as 65 grams and my next bar (from the same box even!!) weigh 74 grams! Accuracy is critical.
  • cookieinbk82
    cookieinbk82 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I found some old pictures the other day, and I was blown away at where I started and how far I've come. I want to share! It's possible! Really, actually possible!! I honestly don't know my highest weight, because I was at the point of closing my eyes at the doctor's office at weigh-in time. But pictures...

This is the oldest Fat Me picture I found - it was taken in October of 2007 at my son's birthday celebration. This was a time when I swallowed the lie I told myself that "I carry my weight well...I look OK." I can't fathom that I believed that. Unfortunately pictures don't lie:

2007-before-MFP_zps9c1c999d.jpg

This next picture is from 2013 - 3 days after getting back to MFP and actually being serious. It was taken in late February of 2013. Forgive the weird cropping, I had initially cropped my face out of the picture but decided later I'd rather see all of me but I hadn't saved the original picture! My weight in this picture was 254.6 pounds.( :embarassed: )

2013-swim-before-MFP_zpsc579d63f.jpg

Merely one month later, on March 30 2013, my family went on a brutal hike (ok now I know it was an easy hike but it was brutal to me then!!) This pic was taken at the top of the trail. I weighed 232.0 that morning.

TorreyPines-MFP_zps4be5bcac.jpg

I didn't take many pictures I'm willing to share between that day and this next pic! Mostly weird underwear progress shots - you don't get to see those LOL. But I loved this picture when I took it, pimples and all. It was taken in July of 2013, I weighed 208.

2014-July-during-MFP_zpsc1c60935.jpg

Next up, my birthday dinner! I had taken a diet break of sorts for about 4 months - logged but not faithfully and wasn't consistent in intake or exercise. I still managed to lose - 196 pounds in this picture.

2-15-14-during-MFP_zps3546952c.jpg

I was purging my closet yesterday and found some old pants, so I had my husband take the next two pictures. I am down to 163.0 pounds, and not done yet (my goal is soft-set at 154). The pants in this picture are a size 22 and fit pretty well 17 months ago. Today I wear size 12 pants (but the whole reason I was purging my closet was that I need to donate the 12s to get some 10s!). I tried to do the whole "both legs in one pant leg of my old jeans" thing but the legs on these particular pants are tapered and I almost fell over, so that was a no-go. Maybe when I reach my goal it'll happen!

22-to-121-MFP_zpsa4f20f85.jpg

22-to-122-MFP_zps66d7556b.jpg

Wow. Amazing transformation.
  • george7527
    george7527 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Fantastic results inspiration to us all
  • HRodriguez777
    Options
    Wow thats incredible
  • BeckyMBisMe
    BeckyMBisMe Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    You've done so wonderfully! An amazing, inspiring success story! GO YOU! congrats!
  • nikkohli
    nikkohli Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Great work!
  • SlimSharonSlim
    SlimSharonSlim Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Well Done YOU!!!!!......when you get to your target.......stick with it.......its so easy to put it all back on and then some!!!! I lost a lot of weight and 6 yrs put it all back on with an extra stone as a bonus........i'm in that mind set now and losing and WONT PUT IT BACK ON AGAIN ! Congrats :)
  • MaroneLotz
    MaroneLotz Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    You totally ROCK!!!!! I bet you feel like a whole new person.
  • bdenitto
    bdenitto Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • TMM211073
    TMM211073 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic - well done xXx
  • dlr165
    dlr165 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Wow! These stories are what make me believe!!!
  • JonathanLepoff
    JonathanLepoff Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    marvelous!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!