Almost 100 down, still another 100 to go....

Options
Ive lost enough weight for people to notice, but the road ahead still feels long. I'm at a personal plateau that I don't really want to be at but cant get out of it mentally. I still haven't learned moderation, I still haven't learned self control, I still have no off button or "full". If Im not super restrictive with my diet nothing happens, because I am not a person that can just work a treat into my macros. One scoop of ice cream still does not exist in my world.The list of foods I cant keep in the house is very long. Ive been living in a self pity party the last few weeks, and that isn't helping either. I hate feeling like I have to force healthy change, shouldn't I want it at this point?

No real point to my post, just whining, and putting some feelings out there, telling the world I am burnt out....

Replies

• christianladybug
    christianladybug Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    You have lost 82lbs so there has to be some self-control going on there. It is okay to have this moment. We all miss the things that we use to eat and now know that we can't have. It is called food mourning. And I can't even promise you that you will not still want those things that you use to have. But you are choosing life. So I want to encourage you to keep forcing healthy change. We did not get unhealthy over night. It is going to take some time to change habits that we have had for a life time. But, you are doing awesome. You can do it! :flowerforyou:
  • AdaVanderlyle
    AdaVanderlyle Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    What you did is no less than amazing! Obviously you have made huge changes/improvements in your life and it paid off.

There will always be a "yeeeaaah, I kick butt" days and there will be "oh to hell with it" days, as you and all of us already know. But you keep going, and with that comes building of the character, forming of new habits, listening to your body's needs, confidence and all that other stuff that make up a happy, healthy and fulfilled person.

I congratulate you. You can do this.
  • Water_Gal
    Water_Gal Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    OK, you have lost 100 lbs, half of your goal. CELEBRATE! You were doing something right. Hitting a plateau is normal and means you need some time and renewed energy to get your body and mind back on track. Getting back in the game means having a plan. You should think about what you did that worked and what are the things you can still change to ensure your success for the next 100. Have you updated your goals and readjusted your daily calories? Are you becoming more active as your weight goes down?

It sounds as if you still have hunger and some emotional need for food. Getting a dietician or weight loss counselor may help. I found that cutting our foods high in carbs and sugar and replacing them with almonds or other protein and nutrient rich snacks really helped me because I wasn't getting hungry as often. Managing your food means you do get to eat and the food doesn't OWN you.

If you want to receive advice from others, open your diary. Otherwise, just look at some other peoples' diaries and see what they have done that worked for them. I lost 58 in 5 months so I think I have a pretty good handle on how to make it work for me, but I still check the posts everyday to see what else I can learn. Other peoples' stories keep me motivated to stay on the plan and get to the finish. 49 to go!

You are doing so well already, don't give up!!
  • 115s
    115s Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Plateaus don't exist. It just means you need to change something up because you feel like you've been at it for too long. I promise you that.

Change up your routine and start switching cardio with weights in some instances. Strength is where it's at.
  • ChasingKatie
    ChasingKatie Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone
  • Stayslim4eva
    Stayslim4eva Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You're doing an awesome job and underestimating how strong you are. I got stuck just over the half way mark. Looking at my start photos and going into a charity store to buy some smaller clothes helped remotivate me. I started jogging at that time and it made a real difference. It wasn't just because it burnt calories but I got an amazing sense of acheivement and the exercise gave me a good adrenalin buzz too.
    keep it up- you're doing great. I lost 170lbs btw- G x
  • StrawberryJam40
    StrawberryJam40 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Ive lost enough weight for people to notice, but the road ahead still feels long. I'm at a personal plateau that I don't really want to be at but cant get out of it mentally. I still haven't learned moderation, I still haven't learned self control, I still have no off button or "full". If Im not super restrictive with my diet nothing happens, because I am not a person that can just work a treat into my macros. One scoop of ice cream still does not exist in my world.The list of foods I cant keep in the house is very long. Ive been living in a self pity party the last few weeks, and that isn't helping either. I hate feeling like I have to force healthy change, shouldn't I want it at this point?

No real point to my post, just whining, and putting some feelings out there, telling the world I am burnt out....

The difference is amazing. You look great. Celebrate your success. Obviously something you are doing is working right?!?!?!

You can do this...you already have.
  • onelovejenn
    Options
    You are an inspiration to me! Did you ever think someone would read your profile one day, and just seeing what you have accomplished would give them the inspiration to keep pressing on? Well, that happened today, my friend! Look back and see how far you have come and what you did to get where you are right now. You are beautiful so stop beating yourself up. The same things you did to get you where you are right now are the same things you will do to get you to your goal.

Pat yourself on your back for what you have already accomplished, you deserve it!
  • He1loKitty
    He1loKitty Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Focus on the positive things that have happened since you lost 82 pounds. And for some people, there's no self control. Some foods just need to be cut out. I'm one of those people. I know a lot of people on here say, oh you can eat whatever you want! I eat ice cream every day! Just log it! <-- No!! This approach just doesn't work for me. I have to cut calories, carbs and certain foods because of my lack of willpower around them. So take heart that you are not the only one still struggling despite your success!! And yes I do mean success! You've already accomplished so much, you should be proud of yourself.