need motivation

Options
hi i have not long started on this journey....but need a good dose of motivation....
i think i am just feeling low with it and want the weight to fall off quickly
will be weighing myself next week so here is hoping ive lost something
i find it hard to exercise because of my asthma so its a never ending circle
any tips would be appreciated

Replies

• dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me please read my profile, Good luck on your journey
  • joycepenman
    joycepenman Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    hi thank you have sent you a friend request
  • seamandi
    seamandi Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Keep telling yourself that it's better to lose weight slowly and keep it off than to lose it quickly just to gain it back! I had already lost 30 pounds before joining this site a few days ago (over the course of 4 months), what plan are you following? Feel free to add me on here!
  • joycepenman
    joycepenman Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    i am really just cutting out a lot of things ....i had a very sweet tooth and felt i comfort ate as well
    i am getting ideas from slimming world i joined them but because a lack of people going the meetings stopped
    looking forward to tips as i go along
  • EATINGTOLIVE77
    EATINGTOLIVE77 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Just move. Sounds easier than it is for you right now, however, if you stick with it you will be feeling great in no time.

Exercise: When sitting in the chair, lift you arms and punch you fists into the air for 30 to 60 seconds. Take hand weights or use can food and do arm curls, etc Going for walks. You can break up your exercise and do short burst every hour or so. It all adds up to good results. This is just some ideas to get you started and for you to see results.

I have been doing this journey since February and I have found that motivation comes from many areas. MFP is great, also when I am in doubt about my food plan or exercise I go to the internet for a good read.

Google "Just getting started with exercise" You will find all kind of good stuff.

Keep up the good work. Just making your post today is a great start. Now have a great Monday:flowerforyou:
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    80% food, only 20% exercise so just watch your food, that is the main thing. Log your calories. I love MFP, if I can do it, you can. That is basically all you have to do. Eat some filling foods, a lot of protein, beans, peanut butter, cottage cheese, nuts,tuna, yogurt.
  • scribb
    scribb Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    You can do it. I have had asthma for 40 years now and have found a way to work out. For me, I need to make sure I keep the HR below 155 and keep it steady. The up and down HR like in Tabata makes it hard to breath. I also found that I can use a rescue inhaler just before running and I do not have an attack.
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    You can do it. I have had asthma for 40 years now and have found a way to work out. For me, I need to make sure I keep the HR below 155 and keep it steady. The up and down HR like in Tabata makes it hard to breath. I also found that I can use a rescue inhaler just before running and I do not have an attack.

This. I use a rescue inhaler 1/2 hour before doing any exercise. This really works. Baby steps and you will get there.
  • monie5903
    monie5903 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    1) Remember that we all carry our weight differently. Even on those days the scale doesn't budge, you may still be getting smaller through toning!

2) Always think of the non-scale victories whcih can include, eating healthy all day, completing a workout, fitting into a chair, etc.

3) You want to lose weight slow and steady so that you can give your skin time to bounce back

4) Meal prep when you can. I try and meal prep for the week on the weekends so I have no excuse to why I cannot eat healthy (LIFE SAVER!)

5) Start with exercising 2-3 days a week (whichever you're comfortable with) and focus more of your energy on your eating. You can up the exercising later when you're ready. Exercise can be a 30 min low-impact DVD, or just a walk. We tend to get overwhelmed by the big picture instead of making small goals to get there. Right now my goal is to meal prep to take on the 21-day fix by Autumn Calbrese and focus on losing 2 more pounds to be at 90lbs lost.

My life mantra that is so applicable to our journeys, "The greater the struggle, the more glorious the triumph"-Butterfly Circus movie